Jet Woo

Seattle trades

Vince Dunn

Jared McCann

Morgan Geekie

Ville Ottavainen 

2023 Toronto's 2nd rounder 

Let's hear everyone rip this one 

Nhl22 type trade from Seattle's perspective. Keep adding crap value, as it eventually all adds up to a good value miller :P

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Nhl22 type trade from Seattle's perspective. Keep adding crap value, as it eventually all adds up to a good value miller :P

Well, it's not that bad considering they would only get Miller for 1 year.  He'd never sign with the Kraks no matter

what they offered.

So if I were Seattle

Miller - one year left and is almost 30. 

Poolman - Nope

Woo - Who?

And Seattle would give up a Top 6/9 Forward, a Top 4 D-Man, a NHL roster player in his youth, a 2nd round pick, and a C-Prospect. 

This would be Seattle's reaction to this deal

Goodfellas GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So if I were Seattle

Miller - one year left and is almost 30. 

Poolman - Nope

Woo - Who?

And Seattle would give up a Top 6/9 Forward, a Top 4 D-Man, a NHL roster player in his youth, a 2nd round pick, and a C-Prospect. 

This would be Seattle's reaction to this deal

Goodfellas GIF

And at the same time I’d rather just have Miller for one year lol

14 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Seattle will not do that.

Why would they not do that when they have been desperate for a star and a Centre and a marketable American star player that only costs them a RFA RHD that looks like they will trade at the deadline or before his arbitration comes up this upcoming season, McCann is who the Canucks never should have traded away as he is the 3rd line Centre they have been wanting since 2011 and they get a RHD prospect, Geekie a young forward that has a lot to prove but has upside and a late 2nd rounder and the Canucks would not get a better deal then that now

Seattle still doesn’t have a 1C yet, only a 2C and 2 3C’s in McCann, Wennberg and Gourde and Beniers is not ready for 1C unless the Kraken want to ruin his development  

Woo needs a new place to start over as when Cull put him as a forward in the playoffs it showed how far back in the lineup he is and is not a considered a NHL prospect anymore and Poolman is too make the cap numbers work and give the Kraken a RHD 

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier

You really can't market a player that much who is going to be a UFA next season. Plus other teams don't really see Miller as a center. According to sportsnet other teams in the league see him more as a Winger that can be put in a center position when needed.

And going back to marketability, I don't think MIller is a big enough star who you can market the team around. 

Going back to Sportsnet ... apparently other teams just don't value Miller the same way the Canucks fanbase do.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Why would they not do that when they have been desperate for a star and a Centre and a marketable American star player that only costs them a RFA RHD that looks like they will trade at the deadline or before his arbitration comes up this upcoming season, McCann is who the Canucks never should have traded away as he is the 3rd line Centre they have been wanting since 2011 and they get a RHD prospect, Geekie a young forward that has a lot to prove but has upside and a late 2nd rounder and the Canucks would not get a better deal then that now

Seattle still doesn’t have a 1C yet, only a 2C and 2 3C’s in McCann, Wennberg and Gourde and Beniers is not ready for 1C unless the Kraken want to ruin his development.  Woo needs a new place to start over as when Cull put him as a forward in the playoffs it showed how far back in the lineup he is and is not a considered a NHL prospect anymore and Poolman is too make the cap numbers work and give the Kraken a RHD. 

I wouldn't put it past Beniers and Wright (who'll probably have a chip on his shoulder) to come in and prove capable of playing top-6 minutes.
What's more, knowing how market demand is trending (e.g. ref. the Pacioretty, Bjorkstrand and Burns cap dump trades yielding pennies on the dollar for each player's value), I think we'd be lucky to get Geekie (pending RFA, offensive right-shot C who's good at draws), Soucy (expiring LD/ RD himself) and maybe a pick on top, since cap space is clearly king right now and even the Kraken only have around $2 million to play with so they'll have to send out at least $3 million to make it work.  That being said though, I would do it for Geekie, Soucy and a pick (we're in no position to take on McCann at $5 million, or a pending RFA in Dunn at $4 million).

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1