The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

With Michkov firing lately I could see him going top 3 easily, heck he probably deserves 2OA, meaning Carlsson could fall to 4th. 

What does it cost us to move up from 6-8th overall to 4th, the NYI pick and who does that? 

Honestly don't think it's worth it. Would you rather one potential star, or two potential top line/pairing guys? I'd say the second one. 

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

With Michkov firing lately I could see him going top 3 easily, heck he probably deserves 2OA, meaning Carlsson could fall to 4th. 

What does it cost us to move up from 6-8th overall to 4th, the NYI pick and who does that? 

If ARI is picking at #2 or 3, anything is possible.

I actually see Bedard going to Bettman's pet project (Coyotes), as they've never had a superstar and he'll give them every opportunity to succeed in the desert. Then ARI will sign Matthews as a free agent after next season. Oh boy. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

If I’m the Canucks I’m calling teams that are on the cusp of the playoffs, I’m looking at the Jets.  They’ve been struggling lately and if there’s any team out there that might be interested in Myers it’s the Jets.  See if they want him back with $2 mill retained, package him up with Brock Boeser for one of there prospects.  

Brock Boeser ($2mill retained  + Myers ($2 mill retained)  for  Cole Perfetti.  ?  

They’re desperate or should be.  They need help scoring and Brock Boeser would provide scoring depth.  We would probably have to retain on him as well. Maybe $2 mill?  

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Few talk about Leo Carlsson but I'd very hapy if we were in a position to get him in the draft

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Big, skilled, high compete. Would be great! 

I watched this kid at the WJC and eventually stood out to me was the fact he was always around the puck/action. He put up some points the coach always had him out during crucial moments of the game. I think some wuold say not another Swede but this Swede isn't similar to most other. My speculation is he may need another year in Sweden before he heads to the NHL

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

If I’m the Canucks I’m calling teams that are on the cusp of the playoffs, I’m looking at the Jets.  They’ve been struggling lately and if there’s any team out there that might be interested in Myers it’s the Jets.  See if they want him back with $2 mill retained, package him up with Brock Boeser for one of there prospects.  

Brock Boeser ($2mill retained  + Myers ($2 mill retained)  for  Cole Perfetti.  ?  

They’re desperate or should be.  They need help scoring and Brock Boeser would provide scoring depth.  We would probably have to retain on him as well. Maybe $2 mill?  

You're not getting Mom's Spaghetti for Myers Brock @8.65m

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Well if not both than at least 1.  Both don’t have to go to the same team.  Myers to Jets and Boeser to Wild retain on both.  I’d at least make a call

Moms Spaghetti = Cole Perfetti. Who we won't get for Brock or Myers even if we retain 50 on both. Was what I was sayng. Yes I agree make some calls. These are the guys we should be moving for 3rd-7th's not Schenn.  

59 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Anyone know why Gabe Perreault ranked so low in draft rankings.   He’s putting up 2 points a game. 

BD44B106-0B3D-47A6-BE1B-7C6F3565FBE1.png

Looking at MyNHLDraft:

Gabe Perreault

Ht/Wt: 5'10"/154 lbs
Position: LW/RW
Team: U18 NTDP

I'm assuming maybe his size? But it looks like he may have added some weight (Tankathon) Could be a dark horse.

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Well cam Robinson on today said based of talk he’s heard it’ll be more likely a team with two picks or more takes him.

so SJS CHICAGO CANUCKS MONTREAL 

but he wouldn’t be shocked to see him slide to 8 or go top 3. Lol

On merit he should be 2/3 sounds like.

20 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

So, as of today, we have the 6th, 18th, 38th, 70th, 102, and 122, picks in the first 4 rounds

I am wondering if we get a better player, adding our 3rd and one of our 4th's together, to get another second?

I wonder how far, we could move that 3rd round pick up, by adding that 4th round pick to it? Is it worth it? I feel it is, but wonder what other think. Is it realistic?

13 sounds so much better than 18 :sadno:

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If trading our two first means we get Leo Carlsson, then I sure hope we do it. 

No to that Alf. We don't have the capital or prospect pool to get to a top 3.  Love if we win the lotto though.

• Vintage 1