The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fuse any two Canucks! (and send them through time!)

Rate this topic

Baratheon

1982:  Bertuzzi/Boeser

1994:  Bure/Tryamkin (lol a near 7 foot 280 pound russian that can skate like that wtf are you gonna do)

2011:  Jovanovski/Hughes

A Bert Boeser pairing would have destroyed the flyers and victimized that goaltender.  None of the vaunted Islanders dynasty makers would have survived a forward like that

A Bure Tryamkin pairing would have been the freak show of the league.  The fastest and largest skating hardest hitting scoring machine would have flattened Messier and anyone within a 6 foot arm span.  Bure had the snarl Train didn't

A Jovanovski and Hughes pairing would have given us that 1d that can hit, score and would have literally taken Marchand apart piece by piece.  he'd have scrapped pretty much whatever forward Dr recchi had in mind including that skating idiot Lucic.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

For the 1982 team I would send back a fusion of Pavel Bure and Henrik Sedin to help with the offence.  If I could send back 2 Ds instead of fusing into one, I might do that for depth.  The 1982 team lost Lanz and McCarthy to injury on the blueline for the whole playoffs.

For the 1994 team I would probably send back a fusion of Todd Bertuzzi and Henrik Sedin, just to have more firepower for game 7.  I considered fusing Henrik Sedin with Markus Naslund or Tony Tanti for goal scoring, but you get decent goal scoring with a ton of size with Bertuzzi.

For the 2011 team I would send forward something like Pavel Bure fused with...I'll just go Bertuzzi for size.  I was thinking about Tiger Williams for aggression or Andre Boudrias for passing but I think we needed the size more.

With 1982, it's not possible to improve upon the captaincy in Smyl.  In 1994 it's not possible to improve upon the captaincy in Linden.  Henrik was good in 2011 but I would have preferred something more Smyl or Linden style...but not enough to make that a priority in this thought exercise.

Fusing Luongo with Brodeur would massively reduce Luongo's meltdowns in 2011.  Fusing him with McLean would completely eliminate the meltdowns.  The goaltending in 1982 and 1994 couldn't really be improved.  I guess it might be interesting to give Luongo's size to King Richard...but again, something like this would be well down the priority list, behind adding scoring or talent / depth on D.  No forward on the 1982 team ever scored 90 points.

I understand everyone's temptation to use Bertuzzi but I personally wouldn't.  If you have Bure or Henrik then how much are you really gaining from Bert aside from size?  I think mixing one of them with Gino would yield similar or better results.  

I'm sending Babych + Hughes to 82.  I don't think one forward is enough to tip the scale against those Isles.  You need that one guy to be playing the high minutes of a defenseman.  

94 gets Mogilny + Smyl.  Give Steamer that supreme skill (that perfectly fit the early 90's) and plunk him on that (almost) fairy tale team.

Bure + Brashear to 2011.  Not much explanation needed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Gonna try to be a little different on this one.

Rypien and Burrows, the ultimate grinder.

You could get extra weird and go Burrows + Wellwood!  Give the twins that right hand shot that we talked about forever.  Add a whole bunch of skill to Burrows.  Make Wellwood... do something!

24 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I understand everyone's temptation to use Bertuzzi but I personally wouldn't.  If you have Bure or Henrik then how much are you really gaining from Bert aside from size?  I think mixing one of them with Gino would yield similar or better results.  

I'm sending Babych + Hughes to 82.  I don't think one forward is enough to tip the scale against those Isles.  You need that one guy to be playing the high minutes of a defenseman.  

94 gets Mogilny + Smyl.  Give Steamer that supreme skill (that perfectly fit the early 90's) and plunk him on that (almost) fairy tale team.

Bure + Brashear to 2011.  Not much explanation needed. 

I think Smyl had more skill than he gets credit for and the huge win with your combination is that Mogilny gains Stan's willpower.

I can appreciate combining Bure with Brashear instead Bure and Bertuzzi.

Babych + Hughes to 1982 is what I would have done if not my original adding of a forward.  And like I said, I would rather actually send back Babych and Hughes as they are.  I'm not sure what would be more likely to make a difference in 1982 - the composite forward or composite D-man.  In games 3 and 4 the issue was that the Canucks couldn't score at all while they did limit the Islanders to 3 goals per game I think.  Anyway, whoever we send back we at the very least win game 1.

• Vintage 1