The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Another massive game by Karlsson and Nielsen, I think they might surprise some people in training camp next year. Got a great battle going for bottom 6 wingers, especially if we can shed one this offseason. 

Meanwhile, I think Silovs has to back up Demko next year and Abby run with Martin and Deli. If we can give Silovs 20 games that'd be great, he's completed the AHL already, not going to develop much more at that level. Get him in the big leagues. I know you don't want to rush goalies but he's ready, and you don't want to let him rot down there, time to progress his training.

I have a feeling that Martin will back up Demko and Silovs will be the mainstay for Abby next year. Delia, IMO, will probably not be re-signed and Tolopilo will be Silov's backup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Another massive game by Karlsson and Nielsen, I think they might surprise some people in training camp next year. Got a great battle going for bottom 6 wingers, especially if we can shed one this offseason. 

Meanwhile, I think Silovs has to back up Demko next year and Abby run with Martin and Deli. If we can give Silovs 20 games that'd be great, he's completed the AHL already, not going to develop much more at that level. Get him in the big leagues. I know you don't want to rush goalies but he's ready, and you don't want to let him rot down there, time to progress his training.

Silovs is good, really good for a 22-year old, but so far, he's a solid starter in the AHL. I personally think it could be good for him to elevate his game even more in Abby and become one of the best in the AHL next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Silovs is good, really good for a 22-year old, but so far, he's a solid starter in the AHL. I personally think it could be good for him to elevate his game even more in Abby and become one of the best in the AHL next year.

A number of CDC'ers on here seem to be in a real rush to get these prospects into the NHL. I personally think that it is a mistake to do that before they are truly ready.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The way the playoff format works, it looks like they have already done that. 1st round is a best of 3.

Yes they did it with their win last night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

They clinched last night but it was pretty much a done deal already.

Some people said they clinched playoffs last night, but they had already done that as you said. It was the home ice advantage that was clinched last night through the win and the Bakersfield loss (only needed one). 

Wolanin is selected for the AHL first all-star team:

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League announced today the 2022-23 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams, as voted by AHL coaches, players and media in each of the league’s 32 member cities.

2022-23 AHL First All-Star Team
Goaltender ― Dustin Wolf, Calgary Wranglers (53 GP, 41-9-2, 2.08 GAA, .932 SV%, 7 SO)
Defenseman  Darren Raddysh, Syracuse Crunch (50 GP, 13-38-51, +19, 1 PPG)
Defenseman  Christian Wolanin, Abbotsford Canucks (49 GP, 6-49-55, +12, 24 PPA)
Forward  Alex Barré-Boulet, Syracuse Crunch (67 GP, 23-59-82, +25, 7 PPG)
Forward  Michael Carcone, Tucson Roadrunners (63 GP, 31-53-84, +5, 14 PPG, 5 GWG)
Forward  Matthew Phillips, Calgary Wranglers (64 GP, 36-39-75, +17, 10 PPG, 15 GWG)

• Cheers 1