The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Young Stars Tourney Thread

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

25 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Haven't seen one yet but a different net minder will probably get  go at it.

I'm really not interested in wins and losses, although another win would be fun, but rather, in how some of these unsigned prospects perform. There're a couple of Ds I'd like to see and evaluate other than just the goalies. Young should be interesting to watch, though, if he gets the call.

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I like the "you're 6 5, I'm 5 8". Hate this guy (Klapka) already....shades of Messier at his worst. Hope he fails, miserably. I mean, it's one thing to be a big guy and use your size...it's another to start out like a dirty POS.  I get that he's to be a deterrent, but keep it classy.

I was watching him pretty close and he wasn't dirty or anything, just bigger by a foot and definitely not soft.  Would love to get him in our system although I'm not sure if he'll be able to keep up with NHL speed.  

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No offense to Young or Brochu but this is probably the game we lose if they’re in net.

Silovs was a big reason for their game 1 win. I think Young and Brochu are still very raw.

I'm interested to see Young. Not expecting him to be as good as Silovs was but there's been alot of good things said about his tools & work ethic. So let's see what he's got.

• Cheers 1