The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Andrew Hammond signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

17 hours ago, JM_ said:

he didn't earn a ton over his career, I would imagine this is a big part of his retirement fund 

He earned $8.1 million in NHL contracts. Yes, deduct the agent fees and taxes plus 9 years of living expenses. But if you are smart, you should be able to have at least couple of millions in the bank…

5 hours ago, RomanP said:

He earned $8.1 million in NHL contracts. Yes, deduct the agent fees and taxes plus 9 years of living expenses. But if you are smart, you should be able to have at least couple of millions in the bank…

well, maybe he's not that smart :lol:

dunno, we can't know his personal situation. To me it seems risky to go there now, but I guess he figures its worth it. 

How much would a north american goalie actually make in a year there? 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

dunno, we can't know his personal situation. To me it seems risky to go there now, but I guess he figures its worth it. 

Sleezy IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sleezy IMHO.

well, everyone has different morals. We're not stopping many industries from working in Russia, importing goods from there, etc. and allowing Russians to work here. So until that changes I guess you can be personally unimpressed but until we see a wider movement to cut off Russian interactions it is what it is.

I wouldn't do it but I guess he figures its worth it. 

8 hours ago, JM_ said:

Oh, I totally agree on it being stupid to go to Russia. I think you know my position on that country in general lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Oh, I totally agree on it being stupid to go to Russia. I think you know my position on that country in general lol.

its not a great idea for sure. 

I'm very aware of your stake in all this and I respect it a lot. When I talk about this stuff its not to minimize the horror of whats going on. 

I do think its pretty complicated right now. Do we ban people in North America from going to make a buck in Russia (even if its dumb)? Do we ban kids like Klimovich and Podkolzin from coming here? does that help anyone? I'm not sure. 

24 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its not a great idea for sure. 

I'm very aware of your stake in all this and I respect it a lot. When I talk about this stuff its not to minimize the horror of whats going on. 

I do think its pretty complicated right now. Do we ban people in North America from going to make a buck in Russia (even if its dumb)? Do we ban kids like Klimovich and Podkolzin from coming here? does that help anyone? I'm not sure. 

I’d love to know if the Russian players on our team are pro-Putin or not. If they are, I do have a problem with them playing here. For obvious reasons I suspect they won’t talk about it, and I doubt politics comes up in many NHL locker rooms.

They all seem like decent guys and I’m giving the benefit of the doubt mostly because I’m really looking forward to them playing here this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Strawbone said:

I’d love to know if the Russian players on our team are pro-Putin or not. If they are, I do have a problem with them playing here. For obvious reasons I suspect they won’t talk about it, and I doubt politics comes up in many NHL locker rooms.

They all seem like decent guys and I’m giving the benefit of the doubt mostly because I’m really looking forward to them playing here this year. 

yeah thats another wrinkle, what their personal views are. 

17 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I know which side Danila is on :-). On the correct one lol

20 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I will try to find out. But I can tell you one thing - I sat next to Podz at Danila's wedding (it was already after the war started) and I was pretty open about where I'm from. I was watching his face at the time and he didn't react in any way that would suggest that he's against me.

• Cheers 1