The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2022-23

Nail

image.jpeg.2064d843092ff27463e38fa85a0c4aa2.jpeg

Short list for Vancouver THREE STARS of the month for October:

Jason Robertson, of course..50 points

Sam Lafferty, a sweet surprise...46 points

Shane Pinto, Shining but where is a contract deal for Alex Formenton who should be shining alongside him right now...sigh: Pinto 38 points

Anze Kopitar, as always, 35 reliable points

Tyler Johnson, 35 points

Alex Stalock 32 goalie points, refreshing to see some of those

Jani Hakanpaa with 31 points as our best D on the board

Caleb Jones and Jamie Oleksiak with an outside chance from the blueline with 28 and 27 points each.

With four days left in the month, third star is really up for grabs, to whomever steps up and grabs the brass ring. 

Official Three Stars of the month Announced Oct 31st!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To LAK - Chris Tierney, Alex Nylander, CBJ 2024 3rd Round Pick
To SJS - Christian Fischer, Nic Dowd

Not happy we had to make this trade, as we were expecting some prospects to step up and fill depth roles. But given the situation and what we're trying to do, we're actually very happy with the trade we were able to get done.

Our goal has always been to contend for both the regular season and playoff titles this year and next. We're already looking at a real uphill battle for the regular season title this year, but Dowd is a rental who should help us in the playoffs, and Fischer is an intriguing project who was a near p/g AHL player at 19 and put up 30 points in the NHL at 20. Not sure what's gone so wrong for him since then, but he's still just 25 and pending RFA, and it's looking like he's going to get a real opportunity with Arizona this year.

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR - Ryan Murray
To TBL - Nate Schmidt

Thanks to @Relyt Krets for the quick negotiations!

This came up after I put Nate on waivers, and it suited both teams' needs. Schmidt has a decent chance of regaining his form and producing well again (he had 222 points last year). If he gets moved to a contender at some point, he'll have value, especially with salary retention. But I'm focusing on the here and now, and needed to make better use of that cap space.

Schmidt's LNTC was blocking a trade to a few teams I've had talks with, but Murray has no clause, so this trade gives me more flexibility. And with Murray's lower cap hit, and a real chance that he retires or signs in Europe in the next year or two, he's probably an easier sell to rebuilding teams.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, D-Money said:

Thanks to @Relyt Krets for the quick negotiations!

This came up after I put Nate on waivers, and it suited both teams' needs. Schmidt has a decent chance of regaining his form and producing well again (he had 222 points last year). If he gets moved to a contender at some point, he'll have value, especially with salary retention. But I'm focusing on the here and now, and needed to make better use of that cap space.

Schmidt's LNTC was blocking a trade to a few teams I've had talks with, but Murray has no clause, so this trade gives me more flexibility. And with Murray's lower cap hit, and a real chance that he retires or signs in Europe in the next year or two, he's probably an easier sell to rebuilding teams.

for one moment i thought bout to claim Schmidt but his cap  was to high. would have had the space  but no flexibility if i´d have claimed him. 

4 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

for one moment i thought bout to claim Schmidt but his cap  was to high. would have had the space  but no flexibility if i´d have claimed him. 

FWIW, Schmidt's 16-team LNTC blocked Chicago too.