The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2022-23

Nail

Future Entry Level Contracts and Re-Signings:

Hi all, hope all is well. A few quick notes on the future of ELCs and Re-Signings to mirror the NHL:

1) Entry Level Contracts

• Beginning with prospects drafted in the 2023 draft, there will be new signing guidelines for their entry level contracts:

Picks 1-3: $4.400M per
    Picks 4-7: $3.500M per
    Picks 8-15: $2.300M per
    Picks 16-24: $1.950M per
    Picks 25-32: $1.650M per
    2nd round: $0.950M per
    3-5th round: $0.800M per

The NHL made the adjustment to allow for 2022 draft prospects to have a base salary of 0.950M as opposed to 0.925M, which allows for inflated AAVs such as 4.450M for Juraj Slafkofsky and 4.200M for Simon Nemec. 

• Prospects that were drafted in the 2022 draft or earlier will still follow our previous signing guidelines, which were as follows:

Picks 1-3: $3.775M per
    Picks 4-7: $2.875M per
    Picks 8-15: $1.775M per
    Picks 16-24: $1.375M per
    Picks 25-32: $1.150M per
    2nd round: $0.900M per
    3-5th round: $0.750M per

• Additionally, there is some changes to the wording in our CBA regarding qualifying offers for the future players affected:

Beginning with prospects drafted in 2023 or later, these players will have a maximum base salary of 0.950M, but “bonuses” can make the cap hit go all the way up to 4.400M. When these players become RFA’s their qualifying offer will be 0.950M.

2) Re-Signings

I hope to commence re-signings with the PMs I currently have in my inbox over the next few weeks during the Christmas holidays. Before I begin, I want to make one point clear so there are no surprises.

• Similarly to the NHL, players will be expecting an economic boost and strong salary cap increases over the next few seasons. Their asks will reflect this. Some contract comparables signed in CDCFL over the last few seasons during seasons with a flat cap may not make the most sense for players that will be looking to cash in with the rising cap.

3) Miscellaneous

I will continue updating the team sheets to format the "ELC" text showing like I mentioned in Discord. Currently, I have completed from Anaheim to Colorado. If you don't know what I am referring to, check one of those team sheets and you will find what I mean. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2023 IIHF World Junior Championship begins Dec. 26 in Moncton, Halifax

NJ DEVILS AGE ELIGIBLE WJC PLAYERS

Not sure who all will make their respective teams but below is our players eligible to represent their countries if they can earn that honour.

CAN

Kevin Korchinski

Evan Nause

USA

Logan Cooley

Rutger McGroarty
Seamus Casey

SWE

Simon Edvinsson

Simon Robertsson

Victor Sjoholm

FIN

Brad Lambert

• There it is 1

As noted on Discord, I am resigning my position with the Vancouver Canucks. Best of luck to the good folks here, but this league isn't for me if it allows banned CDC members to be in it. I loved playing the Canucks GM here, I think i have a pretty cool team, but after a very long time of hoping the league would move on from Monty, it is clear that it is simply time I move on. Adios. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

As noted on Discord, I am resigning my position with the Vancouver Canucks. Best of luck to the good folks here, but this league isn't for me if it allows banned CDC members to be in it. I loved playing the Canucks GM here, I think i have a pretty cool team, but after a very long time of hoping the league would move on from Monty, it is clear that it is simply time I move on. Adios. 

You sound fun

Waivers:

The Vancouver Canucks have claimed Warren Foegele off of waivers from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Carolina Hurricanes have claimed Lukas Sedlak off of waivers from the Arizona Coyotes.

The following player has cleared waivers:

Adam Gaudette (PIT)

• Cheers 1

Vancouver Canucks are having a soft opening for business, we will listen to offers for anyone.

Untouchables are Jason Robertson, Aatu Raty, Topi Niemela and David Rittich (not by choice)

Ideally looking to get younger.

Edited by theo5789