The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oct 18/22 Valiant Canucks @ Forever-Blue Jackets 4pm PT at Nationwide Arena SNP SN650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Some fans don't agree with throwing money away left right and center. I find our 2nd high paid forward is the least noticeable out there. 7.2 gets us EP, but for 600k less we get boeser. It's this type of poor cap allocation that puts us in the situation we are in right now. We had to pay a 2nd to lose half of Dickinson salary. If we would have paid boeser closer to 5 like hes worth we wouldn't have be forced to give more high picks away.

Keep in mind I want him to remain in the top 6 regardless all year. Driving wingers value need to be one of our bigger goals. It's the only way we won't hurt other areas of need while improving say the defense / PKers

I don’t disagree with you here. I’m just saying he’s not a bad player as people make him out to be. He has excellent defensive analytics to contrary belief and he put up a decent amount of points even in a struggling year. Unfortunately these are what players are getting paid. I’ve seen countless of contracts this summer in particular that wowed me. Players are getting paid regardless. It’s more about solid ELC more then ever now. 

We haven’t been able to draft a defencemen in years outside of Hughes. That is where the problem stems from imo 

10 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

lol, secondary assists are counted because they generally lead to the goal or driving the play to the resulting goal. He's a PPG right now. That doesn't mean we should keep him, I'm in the camp that we trade him and Horvat for futures/quality defense because we can afford to do so. 

Yeah obviously he plays a role in the goals. Maybe my expectations are considerably higher then most? I expect to see a play driver for the rate of pay. I'm not going full Eddie Vedder and saying waive him or anything haha! 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Horvat or Boeser, Garland has been good so far

I’m probably well noted as a huge Horvat fan. I am. He gets crapped on for no reason sometimes but Garland for his contact, you can’t beat that. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t disagree with you here. I’m just saying he’s not a bad player as people make him out to be. He has excellent defensive analytics to contrary belief and he put up a decent amount of points even in a struggling year. Unfortunately these are what players are getting paid. I’ve seen countless of contracts this summer in particular that wowed me. Players are getting paid regardless. It’s more about solid ELC more then ever now. 

We haven’t been able to draft a defencemen in years outside of Hughes. That is where the problem stems from imo 

Woah I don't think he's baaaad. I just expect alot more play driving and see him utilize his shot while flying down the wing. I'll give him a long leash as the pain of losing a father is one of the hardest things, Mixed with our market... yeah I'll cut him some slack for sure haha.

We neeeeeeeed to start drafting D sooo bad. Only team that doesn't and we wonder why ours is terrible:P

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BPA said:

Actually, his first 2 assists (pass to Miller goal, pass to Burroughs goal) were primary assist.  The 3rd assist was secondary (pass to Pearson shot, rebound Horvat goal).

Well you got me there. He still needs to show alot more play driving ability for his pay rate. Agree?

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

A couple of them were excellent plays though. Boeser has a gnarly assist last night. Goal wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Boeser is definitely moveable but I hate these water downed point of views 

Again, no one doubts his offense

Glad my dad prepared me for a being a life long Canucks fan. Simple comments like;

"son I've been watching them since they have been in the league and..." (Would always trail off and have a sip of beer.)

"Son never EVER! bet on the Canucks"

"Some nights that Cloutier can stop a $@#ing BB and others he cant even stop a beach ball!"

"Just remember son no one likes a quitter I don't wanna see you in a (insert the team who just knocked us out of the first round) jersey next time I see you"

Etc.. 

Ahh good times. Really got my ready to go out and love the Canucks. Go canucks! Play a 60 minute game, just start there! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He's paid 6.65m our 2nd highest paid fwd currently. One would expect even an ounce of play driving ability at that pay grade. His points are secondary assists 

Still points. Still producing like the second highest paid  player. His defense hasn't been  great but he's not on the pk or pp1. The two things that are killing this team.

So why is it his fault? Frankly he's doing stuff. If he had 82 secondary assists this year it wouldn't be enough because he doesn't score

Edited by DS4quality
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, DS4quality said:

When he was a rookie we loved any Boeser assist. He may look invisible but he's second in scoring on the team. Token assist or not he's got more points than Podkolzin, Höglander , Bo, Garland etc. Just because he hasn't scored a goal doesn't mean anything. I think the only way he'll get 30 is if he's on pp1, which went to kuzmenko.

That wrist, though . . .