The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Bruce wanted him back but Shaw preferred to go to Philly. 

“Brad was different. I didn’t want to lose him but obviously he thought he had a better opportunity,” he said. He also indicated that coaching in Philadelphia would be easier for family reasons.

Shaw said he really enjoyed working for Boudreau. He hadn’t really had a role to fill under Travis Green, but under Boudreau he was put in charge of the defence and then later the penalty kill and played a big role in the success the Canucks had over the second half.

“On the family side it really helps being closer to my mother and my in-laws. Both our daughters live on the east coast,” he said.

“I took a job initially I thought I would love but I felt lost. With the coaching change I felt like I had a chance, more functional. I thank Jimmy Rutherford and Patrik Allvin because it gave me a chance to work again,” he told Postmedia from his cottage on Mississippi Lake in Ontario.

Oh, 4 Pete sake ... ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If he's not driving the play/offense teams will notice. 

What are you expecting him to get?

He’s making plays, sound defensively, and creating scoring chances. Teams notice that.

He is getting paid. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

What was the better opportunity? He's doing the same thing there as here. I think when we brought in yeo he probably felt he lost an opportunity 

I do get the family thing tho

i thought yeo came after shaw left, i cant remember.

Just now, Provost said:

You get a game like this and think what it could be have been like if a couple good D were found in the offseason.

Not often you give up 5 and win, but it is sure fun when it happens. 

Should’ve went after Marino at least, we had the pieces for it