The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

27 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

If we have a top 5-10 pick, does our top 5-10 pick and the islanders 1rst land us 1rst  overall 

You can trade the farm and all your best nhl roster players and still not get the 1st overall this year unless McDavid is part of the return. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, DeNiro said:

Nope.

If he gets anything past 4 or 5 I could see him reaching for Sandin-Pelikka.

Except Sandin-Pelikka is a top 10 pick on many boards, so wouldn't really be a reach. Honestly once your outside the top 5 or 6 it becomes more unpredictable. 

My question is, with only one draft with the Canucks - and all of those players still years away from showing what they are. What information are you using to come to the conclusion that you don't trust Allvin's drafting?

• Like 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

22 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Except Sandin-Pelikka is a top 10 pick on many boards, so wouldn't really be a reach. Honestly once your outside the top 5 or 6 it becomes more unpredictable. 

My question is, with only one draft with the Canucks - and all of those players still years away from showing what they are. What information are you using to come to the conclusion that you don't trust Allvin's drafting?

Would be another Juolevi pick not BPA.

• Tanks a lot 1

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Don’t want to get too excited but only 4 points up from 30th.

With 3 games to play against the Ducks.

I know every team says they’re not gonna tank, but it’s crucial that those games be managed. I want Martin playing and every player shut down that can be shut down. Myers and Stillman playing 25+ minutes.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

With 3 games to play against the Ducks.

I know every team says they’re not gonna tank, but it’s crucial that those games be managed. I want Martin playing and every player shut down that can be shut down. Myers and Stillman playing 25+ minutes.

Nope teams don’t give af anymore. Did you see Selanne’s Bedard video and apparently McTavish texts Bedard after Ducks losses.

Makes me think Bettman is going to hand Bedard to the 5th or 6th spot team as punishment. Since all the tanking talks this year from several teams.

• Cheers 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

Ducks are really getting to the same pathetic level of tanking and drooling all over Bedard as buffalo/mcdavid draft. McTavish saying he texts Bedard after every loss and selanne in the locker room throwing his name up in dressing room spot.

Hockey gods are going to humble these beaches just like they did to Buffalo trying to get mcdavid! Funny the ducks ramp up the tanking as soon as Gary says nobody does it :lol:

• Tanks a lot 1

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Nope teams don’t give af anymore. Did you see Selanne’s Bedard video and apparently McTavish texts Bedard after Ducks losses.

Makes me think Bettman is going to hand Bedard to the 5th or 6th spot team as punishment. Since all the tanking talks this year from several teams.

Just came here and said this! Damn that's what I get for not reading first. You already covered everything :towel:

They are greasy and will be humbled for it

• Tanks a lot 1

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Ducks are really getting to the same pathetic level of tanking and drooling all over Bedard as buffalo/mcdavid draft. McTavish saying he texts Bedard after every loss and selanne in the locker room throwing his name up in dressing room spot.

Hockey gods are going to humble these beaches just like they did to Buffalo trying to get mcdavid! Funny the ducks ramp up the tanking as soon as Gary says nobody does it :lol:

Ducks are 5-1-1 in their last 7.

If they’re trying to tank they’re not doing a very good job.

Problem for them is that their young guys are still trying to prove themselves and Zegras is looking for a big payday. Plus their D and goaltending have been better than ours.

Our tank is roaring up right behind them!

• Tanks a lot 1

On 2/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, Harold Drunken said:

In a normal year with no Bedard type player, probably. Not this year though. 

That does seem to be the most likely scenario.

I do wonder though if the deep draft could help things. I mean Bedard seems like a generational talent but say the 3rd pick plus the 13th (where you're going to get a great blueliner due to the glut of forwards) and a future pick and others (demko? silvos? podz) plus a deadweight contract might be enough for a team that needs a lot of pieces. Columbus seems to need real talent more than another draft pick so i think Miller there plus picks and others could do possibly do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:36 AM, BertaNuck said:

If we have a top 5-10 pick, does our top 5-10 pick and the islanders 1rst land us 1rst  overall 

Whoever has 1st overall is anything but guaranteed to want to draft Bedard. That pick's not going to be traded.

• Tanks a lot 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Whoever has 1st overall is anything but guaranteed to want to draft Bedard. That pick's not going to be traded.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce Is this what you meant? 

If so, I certainly agree with you. It is so rare that a 1st overall pick gets traded on any given year but especially on a year where the 1st overall is as talented as Bedard. I can't see any team in the top 5-10 picks giving up their chance at 1st before the lottery let alone after the lottery. 

• Tanks a lot 1

Just now, Highstickin said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce Is this what you meant? 

If so, I certainly agree with you. It is so rare that a 1st overall pick gets traded on any given year but especially on a year where the 1st overall is as talented as Bedard. I can't see any team in the top 5-10 picks giving up their chance at 1st before the lottery let alone after the lottery. 

The only reason why I'm saying anything but is because of the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of it not happening.

• Tanks a lot 1

Bedard would be the ultimate prize. One team will be changing the trajectory of their team this summer for the foreseeable future, landing Bedard. 

I hate to get my hopes up again with this team, so I would be thrilled just getting into the Top 3. Walking away from the Draft with say, Fantilli and Reinbacher in the 1st Round? Future would look pretty bright. 

If Bedard goes to another team, please let him go to TOR's rivals  :bigblush:  Would love to see him destroy the Leafs for the next 10+ years.

• Tanks a lot 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bedard would be the ultimate prize. One team will might be changing the trajectory of their team this summer for the foreseeable future, landing Bedard. 

I only say this because, well, the Coilers have proven that landing a 'generational player' means nothing if your overall team management is useless.  It's no guarantee for success. 

And I agree, if our odds don't win the favour of the hockey gods, it's not who I want  #1 going to, it's who do I NOT want it going to.  Chi/AZ/Mtl/StL/Phi/Ott can stuff it - CBJ, SJ, ANA, who cares about them, Bedard would toil in complete anonymity in those places and it wouldn't really change anything. 

• Tanks a lot 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Ducks are 5-1-1 in their last 7.

If they’re trying to tank they’re not doing a very good job.

Problem for them is that their young guys are still trying to prove themselves and Zegras is looking for a big payday. Plus their D and goaltending have been better than ours.

Our tank is roaring up right behind them!

It's weird that ALL the bottom feeders keep getting points. I'll take it though :lol:

• There it is 1
  • Tanks a lot 1