The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lidstrom didn’t fight or hit, anyone passing on him leading your team? :lol:

hahaha

the old it happened once , so the Canucks should use that method narrative!!

Lidstrom won one cup as captain of the Team that Steve Y was leader of

Chelios, Maltby, McCarty, Draper, Lilja, Downey

the Canucks aren't that good, nor that tough

And Lidstrom captained the last cup win by one of the leagues great dynasties

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I wonder, Hughes for Nemec and Bahl? Or Hughes for Holtz, Walsh, and Bahl? Throw in a pick as well.

New Jersey would be enticing. Hughes would command a lot in return, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him. 

They have Luke Hughes, Nemec, Muhkamidullin, Bahl, Casey, Walsh. That is one helluva defensive pool. Bahl and Nemec would change the dynamic of our defense for the future.

I like Mercer, Bahl and a first, though holtz would be tempting too

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I wonder, Hughes for Nemec and Bahl? Or Hughes for Holtz, Walsh, and Bahl? Throw in a pick as well.

New Jersey would be enticing. Hughes would command a lot in return, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him. 

They have Luke Hughes, Nemec, Muhkamidullin, Bahl, Casey, Walsh. That is one helluva defensive pool. Bahl and Nemec would change the dynamic of our defense for the future.

If any team is going to pay a premium for Quinn, it seems like NJ would be it. Superstar brothers on the same team has quite the appeal. I don't know enough about Bahl and Nemec to say if that trade might be a win for us, but I really don't mind the idea of getting two really solid D prospects for Quinn, as long as one of them has 1st pairing potential and the other could be top-4. Probably not as offensively dynamic as Quinn, but a solid tandem of D-men like that could work out better than one defensively-challenged offensive star for us. Or Quinn might go on to win a cup with Jersey while we remain mired in mediocrity. Not that I'm jaded or anything.

7 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

If any team is going to pay a premium for Quinn, it seems like NJ would be it. Superstar brothers on the same team has quite the appeal. I don't know enough about Bahl and Nemec to say if that trade might be a win for us, but I really don't mind the idea of getting two really solid D prospects for Quinn, as long as one of them has 1st pairing potential and the other could be top-4. Probably not as offensively dynamic as Quinn, but a solid tandem of D-men like that could work out better than one defensively-challenged offensive star for us. Or Quinn might go on to win a cup with Jersey while we remain mired in mediocrity. Not that I'm jaded or anything.

Nemec went 2nd overall, there were talks of him potentially even being drafted 1st overall. He’s pretty good. 

And Bahl is a 6’6 defensive defenseman. One thing in common is that these two are tremendous skaters. 

Id trade Hughes for them both in a heartbeat. As well as a 1st rounder, and grab a young roster guy from them like a Sarangovich or Miles Wood. 

That’s the thing though, if we’re trading Hughes that asking price has to be that, if not more, and New Jersey would definitely be listening. 

Edited by Odd.

1 hour ago, KingRaj91 said:

I feel like losing our assistant coaches (Brad Shaw & Scott Walker) were a massive deal and is probably a reason why we aren't playing well. On paper, we're by far a playoff team, but there literally is no structure. Felt like last year atleast we had some structure and our defense was actually pretty good. Anyone else feel the same way? Would love to hear other opinions! 

The fans were misled that we had a playoff team.

For the past couple of years, I’ve felt the same - this team is not good enough and they would be lucky to squeak into a playoff spot.  The 40 to 45 shots a night against was not a recipe for success. Markstrom and Demko saved our bacon night after night.

We are a soft team to play against. Weak on the boards and we lose too many puck battles. Also, we need a young big strong true top 2-3 RHD (and that’s not a shot at Schenn who I like). We need at least one more good young top 4 D. We need stronger wingers who will win puck battles and come away with loose pucks. Then, maybe with some good complementary players (like Kuzmenko) and one of Horvat or Miller to play centre with EP, maybe then we could be a solid playoff contender. I’d definitely keep Hughes too (D like that don’t come around often).  We also need much stronger team defence.

If we don’t make those changes (through the draft and trades) unfortunately, we are destined for more pain.

By the way, after following this team for 52 years, I hope I’m wrong and this team can turn it around without having to do a rebuild. This is just my opinion.

Edited by sockeye
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, lmm said:

hahaha

the old it happened once , so the Canucks should use that method narrative!!

Lidstrom won one cup as captain of the Team that Steve Y was leader of

Chelios, Maltby, McCarty, Draper, Lilja, Downey

the Canucks aren't that good, nor that tough

And Lidstrom captained the last cup win by one of the leagues great dynasties

Numerous other similar leaders, Scott Niedermeyer, Ryan O’Reilly, Gabe Landeskog, Sidney Crosby, Jonathon Toews. It’s happened far more than once. Lmao. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Trading 1/3 of our top 6 and 1/4 of our top 4 dmen mid season is a half reset? 

trade boeser, Pearson, garland, miller, Myers, Demko, horvat

the players I would keep are Hughes,m EP, schenn, Podz (dear lord what happened to him, looked so good last 50 games last year- we should have drafted Cole Coufield) 

but yes NJD would pay a premium for Hughes - but boy is he a special talent who will only get better and better especially when on a good team, reminds me of Scott Neidermeyer...

To NJD 

Quinn

Demko

To VAN

Mercer

Holtz

Nemec

Casey 

one of NJs shitty goalies

2023 1st

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

trade boeser, Pearson, garland, miller, Myers, Demko, horvat

the players I would keep are Hughes,m EP, schenn, Podz (dear lord what happened to him, looked so good last 50 games last year- we should have drafted Cole Coufield) 

but yes NJD would pay a premium for Hughes - but boy is he a special talent who will only get better and better especially when on a good team, reminds me of Scott Neidermeyer...

To NJD 

Quinn

Demko

To VAN

Mercer

Holtz

Nemec

Casey 

one of NJs shitty goalies

2023 1st

This team doesn’t need a rebuild, it does need some big moves. Bo, Quinn, Demko are non starters for me to move out. 

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Numerous other similar leaders, Scott Niedermeyer, Ryan O’Reilly, Gabe Landeskog, Sidney Crosby, Jonathon Toews. It’s happened far more than once. Lmao. 

how many of those guys have captained their team to 7 straight multi goal lead loses?

How many have captained their team to 60% pk?

How many of those guys won their first cup before they were 24 years old?

lmao

Just now, lmm said:

how many of those guys have captained their team to 7 straight multi goal lead loses?

How many have captained their team to 60% pk?

How many of those guys won their first cup before they were 24 years old?

lmao

Well cups and wins are a team accomplishment so completely irrelevant. 

Good job proving nothing. Lmao. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well the team doesn’t need a scorched earth rebuild either. 

Name the last time a team completed a full rebuild mid season. I’ll wait. 

It has never happened

does that make you feel superior?

Kool brah

the problem in Vancouver is that IT NEEDS TO START SOMETIME

29 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Nemec went 2nd overall, there were talks of him potentially even being drafted 1st overall. He’s pretty good. 

And Bahl is a 6’6 defensive defenseman. One thing in common is that these two are tremendous skaters. 

Id trade Hughes for them both in a heartbeat. As well as a 1st rounder, and grab a young roster guy from them like a Sarangovich or Miles Wood. 

That’s the thing though, if we’re trading Hughes that asking price has to be that, if not more, and New Jersey would definitely be listening. 

That would be a seriously ballsy move. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

and  you proved what exactly by bringing up Lidstrom?

That captains don’t have to hit or fight to be good leaders. Wasn’t that hard of a conversation to follow. If you’re that lost maybe don’t interject yourself into the conversation wit smarmy comments. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

That captains don’t have to hit or fight to be good leaders. Wasn’t that hard of a conversation to follow. If you’re that lost maybe don’t interject yourself into the conversation wit smarmy comments. 

Oh, I thought you were comparing Bo to Lidstrom

Yvon Cournoyer was Captain once too

So I will agree with you, however, I don't see the relevance to the Canuck predicament

You listed some really good captains, that have nothing to do with this poor example of a team

I'll leave you to it