The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Management Really This Devious

Rate this topic

JayDangles

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Outside of JR, the FO personnel were signed to two year deals and with one year left, it seems they are more interested on earning that contract vs doing what the team needs: a rebuild.  Illich gave Yzerman, a longterm deal, full autonomy and full support to rebuild from Holland and 3yrs after, Yzerman is looking to turn the page.

I dare the FO, to double down on Aquamans flawed plan cause the team is going no where and after Boudreau - they will be next, to be scapegoated.  The need to have a scapegoat, is just part of the process when mediocrity is the annual results.

This is good info. I was not aware that most or all of the FO were only signed to 2 year deals. That definitely puts things into greater perspective. 

Anyone on a two year deal will likely either sit there just to cash in, or they will be too scared to do anything for fear of not being renewed. 

Then anyone who actually takes their role seriously and tries to do good, will be outnumbered by the two types of people already mentioned. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

This is good info. I was not aware that most or all of the FO were only signed to 2 year deals. That definitely puts things into greater perspective. 

Anyone on a two year deal will likely either sit there just to cash in, or they will be too scared to do anything for fear of not being renewed. 

Then anyone who actually takes their role seriously and tries to do good, will be outnumbered by the two types of people already mentioned. 

Self preservation vs doing a good job or leaving a legacy.  Basically, Aquaman setup a lameduck FO and I wonder if JR, is ok with the situation cause after Boudreau, the FO is the next scapegoat or they just get replaced, after next year for failing to implement Aquamans' (flawed) plan.

Imo, Aquaman is the one being devious..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Self preservation vs doing a good job or leaving a legacy.  Basically, Aquaman setup a lameduck FO and I wonder if JR, is ok with the situation cause after Boudreau, the FO is the next scapegoat or they just get replaced, after next year for failing to implement Aquamans' (flawed) plan.

Imo, Aquaman is the one being devious..

Aqua is devious and he’s delusional. He thinks he can run a hockey team it’s abundantly clear he can’t. In fact it’s proven he sucks at it. 
A micro managing rat hiding behind his puppets has left this dysfunctional   team  in disarray for a long time. 
the entire miller horvat situation is just more proof. 
remember Gillis had a  Louie deal in place with TO and FA said  he wanted more the deal fell apart and the saga dragged on sounds like the miller situation last TDL and draft when Lou lam said “ask Vancouver” why the deal didn’t happen. 
Fast forward both JR and PA said horvat was a top priority going into last summer they lowball him and pay out for an older Miller. Lol

Francesco is the problem he has been for a long time. 

FIRE FRANCESCO  chants should rain down on Rodgers arena. 
maybe his brothers will step in and remove this cancer. 

jr pa Jb Gillis were/ are  not allowed to do what needs doing because of one fool. 

Edited by combover

Not sure its a 'planned tank' as that would be 5D chess level,  but JR is crafty enough to know that there was nothing really meaningful they could do this year to fix the D this year and the team was not going to go very far with the current roster.  Bruce on a short term contract is really a very good scapegoat for them.

Despite the massive depression around the current state of things, for JR/JA this is probably the best scenario. A top 10 pick this year and rebuilding some more quality draft capital + cap increases and some bigger contracts coming close to running their course - means they may be able to final strengthen the D by 23/34. 

Really is what's best for the team too - i mean if we made the playoffs this year were not going further than a round or two at best with this roster. Which would have been nice to watch but ultimately would have hamstrung the team even further to the point this core would never fully compete.  Probably more damaging than bubble Demko playoffs infact - Just go back and look at the offseason that followed that if you wanna see a total blood bath. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JayDangles said:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around some simple facts.

- Management said they wanted to improve the defense

- Instead, management signed or acquired 8 new forwards (Kuz, Miller, Boes, Mikayev, lazar, Aamen sp? Joshua, Studnicka)

- Team is noticeably worse on defense and losing bad

- Management suggest that coaching, and nothing else is to blame ???

I just don't follow the logic and feel that something is missing here. It genuinely feels like a stealth tank job but the blame is going somewhere else.

Pretty sure Rutherford said the defense he "could work with"

- Did end up getting Bear

Said they wanted to get younger and faster...

- Boeser? Asset Management would be my guess

- Kuzmenko isn't fast but a free player...

- Mikheyev - Fast

- Aman Free player again, seems a good pickup

- Studnicka Don't mind him so far, part of getting rid of Dickenson so there's that, seemed to wake Dickenson up too...

Rutherford made the same comments on team structure last year...

If it is a stealth tank job, might be dictated on not being able to move guys like Myers, Pearson etc, limp through the season get a good draft pick and then possibly those contracts are easier to move going into UFA years. Not a bad idea if nobody wants to take on our under performing players...

Ultimately it comes down to defensive detail from the forwards, they are our strength right now and they need to back check and pay attention in their own end, been many goals against where the shooter is all alone un checked, on the replay you see a canuck forward 5 feet away, watching the puck, realizing too late.... that was their man...

If they can figure that part out we have the offense to win games and make some noise... but there is no guarantee this forward group can play defense.

8 hours ago, combover said:

Aqua isn’t devious he’s delusional. He thinks he can run a hockey team it’s abundantly clear he can’t. In fact it’s proven he sucks at it. 
A micro managing rat hiding behind his puppets has left this dysfunctional   team  in disarray for a long time. 
the entire miller horvat situation is just more proof. 
remember Gillis had a  Louie deal in place with TO and FA said  he wanted more the deal fell apart and the saga dragged on sounds like the miller situation last TDL and draft when Lou lam said “ask Vancouver” why the deal didn’t happen. 
Fast forward both JR and PA said horvat was a top priority going into last summer they lowball him and pay out for an older Miller. Lol

Francesco is the problem he has been for a long time. 

FIRE FRANCESCO  chants should rain down on Rodgers arena. 
maybe his brothers will step in and remove this cancer. 

jr pa Jb Gillis were/ are  not allowed to do what needs doing because of one fool. 

All true and I will still add, devious...

• Cheers 1

On 11/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, Honourable Hughes said:

1. Hire Tocchet

2. OEL request trade

3. We somehow trade OEL (lol)

4. Fire Tocchet after if that’s not who they actually want (lol)

Sadly that sounds plausible in Canuckville

now that its out there, I expect Aqua to follow through

On 11/15/2022 at 2:42 PM, Rush17 said:

This was a take i heard on the Steve Dangle podcast last night. A bit surprised you've come to the same conclusion a few hours later but hey let's roll with it lol.

The dangle pod version made insinuations it was to convince ownership that this shit isn't working. Basically keeping everything the same aside from a few adds or upgrades at forward. It was quite a fun take.

Just listened to that podcast the other day was an interesting take tbh