The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

This team can get it done still.  They just need better goaltending from Demko.  Their record would be so much better if he was playing like he did last year.  And last I checked, the goaltender is part of the team.  He's letting too many rebounds and he's not tracking the puck well.

It's not just demko. Our defence is too soft on the puck. We don't force the issue. After that 2 goal lead, we had to come out even harder and and hit everything in sight and make life difficult for the knights where they say hey we're down 2 on the road and it's the 3rd, let's mail it in. 

Instead we play soft and literally make it so easy for other teams to play their way back into the game. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Viper007 said:

Again, if Demko was the Demko from last year, the plays in front of him don't even need to happen.  He stops the puck and doesn't let the rebound out.  He tracks the puck well and makes the saves.  The Canucks are a team that is suppose to have their strength as scoring and goaltending.  Most teams don't have all 3.  Right now, the Canucks only have 1 strength.

Until the d is fixed. This team isn't going anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

You are not looking at what I was commenting on, which was the shooting and scoring stats

Demko is sucking...............but those stats, like his, do not lie

Were you ok with that goal at the side of the net where he just let the guy bang the puck through. Or the rebounds he was letting out and or Dmen running around with their head cut off because of it. I don’t know man. I think we win the game.

The first 2 goals were not his fault, very unlucky but like a goalie with no confidence he let it get to him.

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

look 42, no one is saying demko is playing good, but those goals are all goals in the slot area, which are high percentage scoring area's

We do not have defensemen and te forwards are not defensively aware

Yes we can score goals, we just can prevent them, when there is pressure

It is Team...................all of them!

So it's ok to praise demko last year when he was playing elite goaltending but he gets a pass when he doesn't make any elite saves?  If people are going to praise demko for his past goaltending (which is deserved)... he should also be criticized for his subpar/terrible goaltending this year so far.  It goes both ways.

Edited by quattrobaj

Not much more can be said about the defensive play of this team that has not already been discussed - look at ALL those points we have lost given up multiple leads this year - proving it is not a one off. Team looks confused whenever they are pressured.  Probably one of the worst defensive teams we have had in a while.

As much of what they said about bad habits - probably now leaning toward fact it is a poorly constructed defensive team with players out of position (3rd pairing playing second pair and so on) - Will be difficult to change in mid season

- well at least we still have our draft pick so probably will be getting a pretty good pick next June given our current trajectory (unless they go on their 5 game winning streak after they are eliminated).  Long season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

yes he is playing better than Demko...............the team sucks and is not a 4-1-1 team

That is nonsense.  You are now arguing that 4 - 1 -1 is not a real representation of who the team is. It was when they played those games partner.

Ok.  Look I think Demko has cost us from having a winning record this year.  You think it is the defense.

I don't agree with you and if we play Martin more I think we would be better off. 

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Were you ok with that goal at the side of the net where he just let the guy bang the puck through. Or the rebounds he was letting out and or Dmen running around with their head cut off because of it. I don’t know man. I think we win the game.

The first 2 goals were not his fault, very unlucky but like a goalie with no confidence he let it get to him.

I do not disagree.....it's a little of both..............or a lot of both

• Cheers 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

That is nonsense.  You are now arguing that 4 - 1 -1 is not a real representation of who the team is. It was when they played those games partner.

Ok.  Look I think Demko has cost us from having a winning record this year.  You think it is the defense.

I don't agree with you and if we play Martin more I think we would be better off. 

Yup I agree.  I like Demko, but we need to go with the goaltender who is playing better now.  Edmonton is doing it now with Skinner playing over Campbell.  It's time the Canucks do the same thing.

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Well you may just get your wish...................and we may win more with Martin right now, but we just don't have a good make up..........our construct is wrong

• Cheers 1