The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

When you give up these many shots in high danger areas you shouldn't expect to win.

20222023-20300-all.png

Especially when you have a struggling goaltender. Make no mistake Demko caved in the 3rd but the Canucks in front of him lined up the red(or blue on the chart) carpet for Vegas to do him in. 19 high danger chances for Vegas compared to 6 for the Canucks. Both Demko and the players need to do better.

This is misleading stat. Demko gave up juicy rebounds right up the gut n vgk had glorious opportunities because of it. I could count at least 3-4 poor rebounds 

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That whole line was on for 3 goals was it not?  Why are you only singling out Miller when there were two other forwards on the ice?

Because trade wind is in the air, he has a very large contract, and his defensive game this year is atrocious and part of what's costing us games.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Wonder if Allvin can draft a spine for this team.

Top 30 Vigneault GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

55 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

These 2 goal leads are killing us. 

Should have just stuck with the one goal lead, rookie mistake!

52 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Cool, that record is inevitable 

15 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Messier :bigblush:

The crap I took earlier is more respectable than Messier

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

When you give up these many shots in high danger areas you shouldn't expect to win.

20222023-20300-all.png

Especially when you have a struggling goaltender. Make no mistake Demko caved in the 3rd but the Canucks in front of him lined up the red(or blue on the chart) carpet for Vegas to do him in. 19 high danger chances for Vegas compared to 6 for the Canucks. Both Demko and the players need to do better.

Yup, Demko needs to be better but he's also being scapegoated

This team is getting absolutely worked defensively

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

In summary we suck. See you guys when we play the champs

Excited Ric Flair GIF

I hope they run us over, Makar vs Hughes should be fun 

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, ktcy2 said:

I don’t get how demko can be considered a great/elite/top 5 whatever goalie but can have a stretch of 15 games with historically bad stats? No, it doesn’t work like this. No elite goalies have stretches like this. 

This year, nope he's not.  Last year, he definitely was.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Top 30 Vigneault GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Should have just stuck with the one goal lead, rookie mistake!

Cool, that record is inevitable 

The crap I took earlier is more respectable than Messier

Yup, Demko needs to be better but he's also being scapegoated

This team is getting absolutely worked defensively

I hope they run us over, Makar vs Hughes should be fun 

That Hughes play tonight keeping the play alive at the blueline was incredible. The Schenn goal

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I see people talking about Miller performance. Here's what some of the stats say.

On ice shots for 8 and 14 against.

Scoring chances 7 for and 12 against.

High Danger Scoring Chances 1 for and 9 against.

On Ice 1 goal for and 4 against.

27 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

And then there's Petey.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mordekai said:

This is misleading stat. Demko gave up juicy rebounds right up the gut n vgk had glorious opportunities because of it. I could count at least 3-4 poor rebounds 

Not entirely right or wrong. For the most part, generally speaking, it means Vegas were going to the net and creating havoc.

They had 7 rebound shots in total to be exact. Demko faced 16 High danger shots in comparison to 3 the other goalie faced.

Vegas had more high danger shots than mid or low danger shots, that doesn't reflect great on the team defense. Canucks generated more low danger shots than high or mid danger shots, that doesn't reflect good on team offense either. Especially when we scored on 2 out of 3 of our high danger shots. 

High danger chances include miss/block shots hence why 19-6 in favor of Vegas is a little different than high/mid/low danger shots. If anyone gets confused.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

20222023-20300-all.png

During the 1st, intermission a Vegas reporter (don't know his name) mentioned the same heat map.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Schenn's a gamer no doubt

Hughes is seemingly 1/4 top 4D though 

Schenn is admirable. He’s our no. 1 RH defencemen. He should be a bottom pairing guy. Incredible what he’s done here. But those 2 can’t do it all even though they try and do a damn good job considering the are left on an island my themselves 

• Cheers 1