The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) NSH looking to trade a Dman (Fabbro)

RWJC

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

He is from bc 0 plus minus and is decent.

It doesn’t matter where he is from, and his plus minus is good because of his team. 
It’s a dumb stat

If we trade Myers as there has been interest I think he would be as good if not better.

Good luck, and he is not better than Myers. 

He is cheap enough for us to save and then only need a partner for QH as the other two spots would be filled. Schenn is there now but next year with cap space we can get that rhd for QH.

Huh?

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

It doesn’t matter where he is from, and his plus minus is good because of his team. 
It’s a dumb stat

Good luck, and he is not better than Myers. 

Huh?

The huh part is we look for a long term partner for QHs next season, presumably with the cap savings from Myers?  Agree with your post though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

The huh part is we look for a long term partner for QHs next season, presumably with the cap savings from Myers?  Agree with your post though. 

Unfortunately, any expiring cap is largely going to go to raises. At some point we need to move out some of the expensive wingers...

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Unfortunately, any expiring cap is largely going to go to raises. At some point we need to move out some of the expensive wingers...

Would Garland have enough value to trade to clear his cap, so a pick/prospect (expiring contract added?) kind of deal before the coming TDL? 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Would Garland have enough value to trade to clear his cap, so a pick/prospect (expiring contract added?) kind of deal before the coming TDL? 

Yes if we trade BB or Pearson.

We also need a player or two overseas to make the team as our young prospects do not look as if they will make it yet.  

We have options but two big contracts moved would help us.  

Without that we will have to used dries type players which he is working out but will another one or two?

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Yes if we trade BB or Pearson.

We also need a player or two overseas to make the team as our young prospects do not look as if they will make it yet.  

We have options but two big contracts moved would help us.  

Without that we will have to used dries type players which he is working out but will another one or two?

Aman has done well, and Wolanin is likely the next callup to help replace some dead weight on the backend:

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - Bear

Wolanin/Dermott/Stillman - Burroughs

My list of cap-clearing trades in order:

Myers
Pearson

Boeser

Miller

Garland

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Aman has done well, and Wolanin is likely the next callup to help replace some dead weight on the backend:

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - Bear

Wolanin/Dermott/Stillman - Burroughs

My list of cap-clearing trades in order:

Myers
Pearson

Boeser

Miller

Garland

Something like that.We need cap to resign Bo and Kuz if we want to stay in the playoff race thus and next year.

I still think the bruins would be a good home for Miller or the Islanders.

Myers I would since there is interest and Pearson tdl if we can get anything.  

BB I just don't know but if we got a decent deal would ship him out and send Stillman to the minors or try throwing him in a deal.