The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hansen made a good point about the Chara claims.

Why didn’t it come out at the time? You think if Bruins players or media caught wind of this they wouldn’t blast it out there as bulletin board material? 100% they would.

That’s why it 100% didn’t happen

Chara’s an idiot. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hansen made a good point about the Chara claims.

Why didn’t it come out at the time? You think if Bruins players or media caught wind of this they wouldn’t blast it out there as bulletin board material? 100% they would.

That’s why it 100% didn’t happen

It's what I said too...makes no sense. It would've been everywhere had it happened.

I'm sure Juice'll have to be very PC....I wish he'd just rip right into Chara but I expect him to do it professionally with a bit of his sarcasm mixed in for good measure. As has been said, they've been talking it over with him on the panel (and with Elliotte) for the past few hours. I'm sure some bs HNIC guidelines set out. But this is HIS reputation that Chara's playing with ... I'd love for him to just unleash.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Waiting for Juice to shoot this nonsense down on HNIC tonight. 

I think it’s entirely possible that this story was making the rounds in the Bruins locker room at the time, and that they thought it was true, but I also think it was totally fabricated. If it motivated the Bruins to win the cup then well played (and a big F U) to whoever started the rumour.  Wish we’d thought of it!

Chara just shrunk 3 feet...I'm glad everyone on the panel is of the same (sound) mind. Didn't happen, why now? Disrespectful. Donkey.

I'm glad Bieksa has this platform....there is no way this should have slid through without the Canucks having their say. Suck it, Zzzzzzzzzgreatdaneo.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

Chara just shrunk 3 feet...I'm glad everyone on the panel is of the same (sound) mind. Didn't happen, why now? Disrespectful. Donkey.

I'm glad Bieksa has this platform....there is no way this should have slid through without the Canucks having their say. Suck it, Zzzzzzzzzgreatdaneo.

Exactly Deb,donkey,heehaaw

• Like 2

Chara doing a good job of now marring his cup...gracious winners are the standard. He just did something totally uncalled for and he looks stupid. Not bad enough that they had Daddy Campbell and won due to some extra love from the league. Now they have to rub salt in the wounds. Just pathetic.

There was NO need for him to stir that pot at this point....it's been over a decade. What a clown. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I think it’s entirely possible that this story was making the rounds in the Bruins locker room at the time, and that they thought it was true, but I also think it was totally fabricated. If it motivated the Bruins to win the cup then well played (and a big F U) to whoever started the rumour.  Wish we’d thought of it!

lol.  It's the Cups Finals.  Total Bullcrap anybody needs any kind of extra motivation for that imho.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I was wondering what the deal was with the canucks dressing room, is that the finished product? Never heard anything other than they were doing renovations. That looks a little underwhelming if that's the big renovation they were talking about.

Bieksa
"Logistically, it's impossible. You think about all the media that's there covering the finals and all the competitiveness of trying to find some story different than the other person. Clearly, somebody would've reported about that or had a camera. And even Chara walks it back a little bit with his comments from

we saw them (?) to we heard to we believe we heard" Hrudey adds "rumours".

"So, yeah, originally I was upset about it to hear because it's a little bit of an attack on our character as a team and organization but also our leadership group. And you're talking about 3 first ballot Hall of famers in the Sedins and Luongo...you're talking about Malholtra and Hamhuis and myself. To think that we would allow something like that to happen, let alone participate in it is disappointing. Coming from a guy like Chara, you'd just, you'd expect more and maybe a little bit more of a mutual respect, that he wouldn't repeat a story like that, that's insulting to us without fact checking it or seeing it or witnessing it firsthand. So I think like the main emotion I have right now is just I'm disappointed in him."

Hrudey goes on to say he was there every day for every morning skate with "how many cameras there" and it didn't happen...they would have seen it.

Bulletin board material per Bieksa: "that's for the week"

He's going on to emphasize how ridiculous it is and how it never happened. "It's eleven years ago...why now?"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1