The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, eeeeergh said:

OEL would look better on a better team tbh 

He would for sure. People missing Edler…. I remember years and years of the same comments OEL is getting. Everyone on the backend is exposed when only half of them are NHL worthy and you have have a back up goalie playing every night

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Getting really tired of the between period media interviews creating confusion or trying to scare folks.

Once again there is another panic comment.

Gee whiz listening to McIntired you would think that losing Horvat will make this team worse and drop them out of 1rst place in the league or something.

He did nail it though when he stated no valuable player had been traded since Linden. 

I wonder that he didn't connect the dots, last time the team ended up with good players and playoffs.

And all those years they didn't make those trades didn't help the team win squat.

If Horvat goes there will be another player. There always is.

The TEAM isn't about one player or even several of them, the team is ALL of them.

The team could easily drop a few more spots they need to drop 5 to 7 points to get into a very high draft pick lottery or not.

Just wait for the next two games, WOOO!

Seattle will be much harder. Hey you see that Buffalo team, they are catching that NJD team and Montreal just pulled away some more. Ottawa is now ahead too and they have several serious injuries to core players

Hey, it is a tank by any other name you want to use. 

9 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Getting really tired of the between period media interviews creating confusion or trying to scare folks.

Gee whiz listening to McIntired you would think that losing Horvat will make this team worse and drop them out of 1rst place in the league or something.

He did nail it though when he stated no valuable player had been traded since Linden. 

I wonder that he didn't connect the dots, last time the team ended up with good players and playoffs.

And all those years they didn't make those trades didn't help the team win squat.

The TEAM isn't about one player or even several of them, the team is ALL of them.

The team could easily drop a few more spots they need to drop 5 to 7 points to get into a very high draft pick lottery or not.

Seattle will be much harder. Hey you see that Buffalo team, they are catching that NJD team and Montreal just pulled away some more. Ottawa is now ahead too and they have several serious injuries to core players

I find it really funny that they think they are that close to being a playoff team. The want of the owner to remain competitive without building it properly will always be the downfall. He really is an owner who shouldn't be one. If you can't accept some painful years by rebuilding, you shouldn't own an nhl team. Ya maybe he has the standards to always be competitive and a winner but right now he's neither the way he is doing it so it doesn't make sense his persistence to retool. He just seems so stubborn and arrogant. You also have to be an owner who can call a spade a spade not continue to try on different lipsticks on a pig.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Don't expect too much from MacIntyre.  He's a management apologist if I ever heard one.

Listening to him earlier today, teams just try to "get better" (couldn't elaborate on how the canucks were taking steps), stated that a rebuild was effectively trading Hughes, Petersson and Demko and hoping you draft position players that perform the same or better (as if any of those three have won anything yet or as if a salary cap doesn't exist)

Edited by juggmon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I find it really funny that they think they are that close to being a playoff team. The want of the owner to remain competitive without building it properly will always be the downfall. He really is an owner who shouldn't be one. If you can't accept some painful years by rebuilding, you shouldn't own an nhl team. Ya maybe he has the standards to always be competitive and a winner but right now he's neither the way he is doing it so. He just seems so stubborn and arrogant. You also have to be an owner who can call a spade a spade not continue to try on different lipsticks on a pig.

Absolutely! Ownership is 100% reason why this team will continue to spin their wheels in mediocrity for as long as long as they own it. Case closed. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I can accept losing Horvat if we get a great return. I just can’t remember ever selling a player and getting a great return.

Why tf did we sign Miller I don’t know. That’s the whole reason I think this is all a mess. Trade Miller last summer. Sign Bo. Seemed like the way to go to me. But I don’t know what this is. Haha

I’ve accepted losing this season if we are getting some good futures. 

That’s just it though I don’t see it. I have no faith what so ever that we can move forward from here. Trade Bo take a step back. Sign someone else and probably be no different.

With no defence in the cupboard, we a screwed. Unless we make an inspiring trade to help correct this. I don’t know.

Im done speculating, hoping, any of that.

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just saw BB post game - poor guy, he looks beaten.  Same as what Green, Desjardins, Tortorella had to go through.  How many coaches does this team need to go through???. BB cares (sometimes too much) .  Safe to say that after the Green-Boudreau transition (and the multitude of coaches recently) and the similar poor results, players will be taking the lions share of the blame now. 

• Like 2

Just now, hockeyfan-observer said:

Just saw BB post game - poor guy, he looks beaten.  Same as what Green, Desjardins, Tortorella had to go through.  How many coaches does this team need to go through???. BB cares (sometimes too much) .  Safe to say that after the Green-Boudreau transition (and the multitude of coaches recently) and the similar poor results, players will be taking the lions share of the blame now. 

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show