The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Group A | Dec. 26, 2022 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Canada has an immense amount of work to do to shake this off and properly prepare themselves for the next game. Wondering if Dennis Williams was the right choice 

for coach. The strategy seems very wrong for a tournament style game./ games.

That's not where you want your Jr team at. The refs play a huge part of these tournaments. Like boxing in the Olympics. Coach needs a overall strategy based on staying out of the box. Attacking in waves and kids not taking every little thing personal like McJesus. 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does Canada really have a player that deserves the "player of the game" award for this game? The only one I can think of is Milic coming in cold and not allowing a goal.

Milic needs to be the guy the rest of the way. Can’t expect much more from a guy who has a career .883 save percentage in juniors. 

• Cheers 1

First full game I've seen Bedard... top tier skill, skating and shot, but tries to do it himself too often. Instead of going 1 on 5, maybe pull back and attack as a team? Does he play like this in the CHL? Also seems like he's going to take a lot of minors when he gets to the NHL, needs to clean up his checking efforts.

16 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

First full game I've seen Bedard... top tier skill, skating and shot, but tries to do it himself too often. Instead of going 1 on 5, maybe pull back and attack as a team? Does he play like this in the CHL? Also seems like he's going to take a lot of minors when he gets to the NHL, needs to clean up his checking efforts.

He used his linemates pretty damn well when the Pats absolutely torched the Royals last month.

• Cheers 2