The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Now we are looking at posters names. What grade is everyone in? I find it funny that there are people on here who think it's ok to attack people. It's hockey talk. Once personal attacks are made it just shows you were bothered by what they posted. If you really aren't bothered by what they posted you shouldn't have to respond to them by making sarcastic jokes or looking for attention or a laugh from other posters. Too many on here who think they are above others as Canucks fans. It's a free board people. I am not defending anyone by the way. I just see other posters get attacked and no matter what no one should feel the right to show disrespect to people.

This is the internet though....full of diverse opinions and personalities with the cover of anonymity so people can let fly with whatever they want to spew out. We're never going to all just get along so stop banging your head against the wall. Use the ignore function if someone really drives you bonkers.

47 minutes ago, Darius said:

you are right, there was another incident, involving JT - *again*.  Cant recall another player on this team generating this type of behavior during a game. 

Could care less if apologies are issued afterwards, this is a board where we discuss the game...its hard not to discuss such abnormal behavior

sort of makes you think about all the locker room rumours and the "toxic environment" even from last year.

right now, Miller seems like he would be in the centre of that if true.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Miller is the only player who looks like he hates losing and so many people here hate him for it

thats like saying you hate eating unhealthy but still keep with having a sh*tty diet. 

its one thing to "look like" you hate losing and another to actually do something about it in the game instead of floating for large portions of it (as evident in multiple games this season).

• Thanks 1

ya wasn't a big fan of miller yelling a delia.. ffs he's a rookie goalie that barely played and have no idea whats going on and the team keeps bringing the puck backward towards him in the last 2 mins.. if u want the goalie to go to the bench.. perhaps move the puck forward? and not backward into your own zone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don't think it's fair to call people trolls because they see the major issues with this team and are frustrated that nothing has been done to address them and decide to voice their displeasure. We basically have the same team as when Benning left except for Kuzy, Mikeyev, and Bear. I find it funny when people feel they have the right to call people trolls then leave becuase they can't handle hearing truth in a lot of people's answers. It's an easy way out. I find it somewhat disrespectful. Just because you might be a longtime board poster in here doesn't give you the right to feel the need to be above anyone. Who knows there might be posters on here who have been there from the start and it's their first post. I don't think the number of posts on here should matter. Fans have a right to voice their displeasure when the organization trots out the same product and wants fans to accept it because they want their money.

agree 100%.

there's a lot of insecure users on this board that can't stand any criticism of the team.

running it like some sort of pathetic cult. "Happy feelings only guys"

its an open freaking fan discussion board.

literally any bozo with internet access can make an account and post what they feel.

You don't need to agree with them but every opinion is subjective, which is why its an opinion.

but some people bring up "long time user" meaning you have some rank above someone like its the army.

lmao. give me a break. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Haha 1

Should of committed to Bo instead of Miller but here we are.Now what?Not a good look on management we need a desperate team or ten to unload this bs of a capped out roster,Miller imo would be a good start,sorry Deb

Edited by Cromeslab
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Should of committed to Bo instead of Miller but here we are.Now what?Not a good look on management we need a desperate team or ten to unload this bs of a capped out roster,Miller imo would be a good start,sorry Deb

I thought it was obvious that Miller should've been traded. This is a pretty big mistake in hindsight.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I thought it was obvious that Miller should've been traded. This is a pretty big mistake in hindsight.

Honestly I was hoping for JT to workout helping with center depth but so far not the case.It is kinda hindsight but we have 2 C,s that are miles ahead of JT imo

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

You show your true colors all the time. 

If you're going to talk hockey, like you say, then do it. 

The majority of the times, you, and others like you, are grumbling about the same BS. 

If you want to change the team, do something about it instead of hitting the same beat.

While I do agree with you about how annoying it is to see the constant repetitive lashing out and b*tching that goes on about the team,

you know damn well a random fan on a discussion board can't do anything to change that.

You know it, but you say that as if it's an attainable solution to the user you're responding to. 

They aren't the coach, they aren't the players, they aren't the GM. "Do something about it"? 

That's like saying everyone should just stick to the status quo of everything or they can express their opinions just until it comes down to a matter of your own personal tolerance level in which they should "move on/stop". 

Fans and even non-fans have every right to express their own opinions in an open discussion forum. That isn't in your control.

What's allowed or isn't allowed is for the moderators to decide, which by the looks of it so far, no one is being censored for. 

That being said, I understand that there are people that just completely ruin the vibes everywhere just because they are bitter people. Any yes. 

I also personally do not know how so many people could have that much time on their hands to constantly and repetitively hate or spread negativity, but there are people like that. 

You don't understand them, and they don't agree with you. But no one's forcing you to mind them any attention.

It's pretty simple.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Kragar said:

The 2nd was awful.  Not to take too much away from that awfulness (cuz that 2nd was all their own mess), but officiating didn't help much either.  BS that Schiefele doesn't get 2 for tripping Hughes late there.  I didnt like that bad icing call in the 1st, which gave the Jets some life in a game they were asleep for much of to that point.

Yes they got a few soft type calls and their 3rd period soft infractions didn't get a sniff. I'd say we  were missing one or two calls late in the game. 

The hooked and interference later in the game should have been called. OK NOW they put their whistles away? Gimme a break. 

Ruining our momentum by confusing what is a penalty anymore. Boud saw it. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

Anybody that’s ever worked with that one outspoken person who’s known for stepping out his job description ( yelling, demanding,ordering) would,could , should understand it’s not on miller to make that call. Add in the noise level the fact he’s behind the net , circles back yells more. Distracting Delia even more?  Goalies on their own volition make the move to the bench or at least half way, depending on if your bench is the furthest away or not. But normally the play has to be across the center line and progressing. Miller has to put his money where his mouth is. As a player that has deficiancies in his own game, doesn’t leave room for him to take it upon himself to do that. Lots of posters say horvats not vocal enough as captain. Of which I’m not in that camp. But maybe Miller see’s it that way too?  Either way it’s not beneficial to comradery. I get he doesn’t like to lose. But That’s on him to deal with , laying expectation in that style only serves himself and has an element of sore loser attached. That old cliche’ there’s no letter i in the word Team. 

I couldn't see the bench or whether Boudreau was calling the tender off or not? I don't have a lot of problem with Miller's call. Firstly, as fans, we have no idea what he said. Fans are loud so maybe he had to yell? Delia had made a number of questionable plays/non-plays during the game which suggested nervousness. Miller could easily have been trying to help him out. Thinking the worst of Miller isn't fair. 

I thought the team played well for over half a game. Long periods of ozone play without many shots. Koz & Mik had good games. Interesting that Hughes had shifts on the RD. Dermott looked OK considering the time off. Garland looked good. 

Since this is the Canuck fan site and critic has to happen... Again I didn't like Boeser's game. Kinda floated around. Couple of nice passes, nothing special. What really bothers me is when a player coasts into a board battle which BB does a lot.  Trade him please.

• Thanks 1