The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  We will never finish in last place with this core.  However, we will never win the cup either.  Keep Petey and Hughes and maybe Demko and trade everyone else...

That may be the best direction to take but our owner disagrees.  So it’s these core five.  And if we can get in more Mikheyev level players in supporting roles we can win.  Myers and Pearson are the last two bad Benning contracts (excepting OEL, who we might buyout summer 2024) to expire, and that’s 2024.  So I see the 2024 TDL as the actual turning point for us.  Then the summer of 2024 we will see the supporting group in its finished look.  But our core five will be who they are now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That may be the best direction to take but our owner disagrees.  So it’s these core five.  And if we can get in more Mikheyev level players in supporting roles we can win.  Myers and Pearson are the last two bad Benning contracts (excepting OEL, who we might buyout summer 2024) to expire, and that’s 2024.  So I see the 2024 TDL as the actual turning point for us.  Then the summer of 2024 we will see the supporting group in its finished look.  But our core five will be who they are now. 

We aren't re-signing Horvat to an 8x8 contract, so he either gets traded or walks in free agency.  He won't be back next year.  As for Miller, he will probably stick around so he can keep triggering the haters for the next 7.5 years...

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

We aren't re-signing Horvat to an 8x8 contract, so he either gets traded or walks in free agency.  He won't be back next year.  As for Miller, he will probably stick around so he can keep triggering the haters for the next 7.5 years...

Our owner will make sure we keep Bo.  Just like he did with Miller.  We will never hear a good ol’ boys’ club member like JR say otherwise, of course, but our owner is the one who set the direction to keep this core five, and build around them.  We will see a Bo contract with the same total dollars as Miller - 56 million.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

And again, Tanking hard will not guarantee the team to get him. This method have been beaten to death for years and there’s proof. Jeez 

Tanking :

Trade expiring contracts for assets, try to clear cap and replace roster spots with young players. And let the chips fall where they may.

this team needs to stop fighting for a playoff spot. The lottery isn't guaranteed but I think fans would appreciate a clear vision and to see management act it out.

The players will still play as competitively as they can.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our owner will make sure we keep Bo.  Just like he did with Miller.  We will never hear a good ol’ boys’ club member like JR say otherwise, of course, but our owner is the one who set the direction to keep this core five, and build around them.  We will see a Bo contract with the same total dollars as Miller - 56 million.  

Alfie, BO has already rejected $56 million.  Aquilini isn't paying BO $64 million in total dollars, nor should he...

I hope our mgmt team makes move to reset the roster asap in the new year. Seems like there is a cloud hanging over the team and some of the players.

Boeser and Bo should be moved. Schenn too.

I love Garland's game. He has a motor that just doesn't quit. Very impressed by how he bounced back up after that huge hit on him by Zadorov in the 3rd. I thought he was a piece we should move but his high compete play and attitude is exactly what this team needs more of!

7625h3.jpg.dd903e4dd2c193b2ebfec33bd5da7308.jpg

so much like last season.

Have a horrible start

slowly, very slowly, get some wins

eventually get to almost 500

then lose

get back to .500

then a game above .500

then lose

then lose again.

Stuck in the mushy, limited progress, if any,  middle- AGAIN

This team is not able to win when it matters. Can't take any pressure?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1