The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He has to be trolling lol

It honestly feels like the entire organization, from Miller to Boudreau to Rutherford, is trying to gaslight us about Miller's play. It's no wonder he has this attitude, everyone around him including himself is reinforcing the idea that everything is business as usual, that all the lazy floating and angry outbursts are justifiable, that he isn't bleeding goals and scoring chances against whenever he's on the ice when anyone with access to a stat sheet or actually watches him play can see otherwise.

Are we overdramatizing things a bit? Yeah, we probably are. But it would be way easier to stomach if the organization was at least a bit more honest about how Miller has played this year. I get that fans aren't owed anything in terms of a specific response, but it's hard to like Miller when he acts and talks to the media this way.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Just saw the video of Bieksa getting in on the action. Honestly not good when Bieksa has nothing good to say.

Yeah.

KB3 has been a big JT supporter but he calls it as he sees it.

That HNIC panel though need to brush up on the Nucks. Kevin thinks Delia is a young rookie and Kelly didn't know much about the sequence at all. But still made comments. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Signing Miller was necessary to retain any value he might provide by this coming TDL. If that does not happen then IMHO it is a big mistake as his age does not compliment the team timeline. Whether this roster can 'make playoffs' or not is somewhat irrelevant. By no stretch is this roster CUP competitive. Suggesting other wise is simply grasping at straws and hoping for Demko magic. Canucks have 1 top 4 d-man. The Canucks do not have a Cup competitive bottom six. 

I am concerned about what Rutherford and Alvine will do moving forward. I am hoping they resigned Miller to retain some value in a future deal to trade him. Yes, I am a broken record on this thread. By the TDL I hope they move Miller-Boeser-Garland-Meyers. OEL is not a top 4 anymore but has limited trade value.That should create the CAP space to resign Horvat and Koz. If that does not happen then those two will be gone. I do agree with management's mantra that the roster has to get younger. Hopefully trades and picks will provide the talent that can make the Canucks a contender.  

I'm afraid I am not following you on this one.

IMO Miller had more value as a rental with an expiring contract than he does with a boat anchor retirement contract

we will see at the deadline who brings more return, Horvat on an expiring contract or Miller on a retirement contract, my money is on Bo

It may not matter how much they throw at Bo, it's his call if he wants to go, and quite frankly I'd be surprised if he stays.

IMO we are not that old

age wise, it's

Schenn   our most solid D-man underpaid, aging like fine wine

Myers       over paid and overplayed, decent #5 D-man

OEL         See Myers^

Pearson       only forward in his 30s (30) Hit a brick wall this season and injured, old at 30

Miller          ?!?!?! tragic contract

Poolman    old and used up at 29, not really age related

Dries       Career minor leaguer, ok for what he is and what he costs, depth

Delia       signed by Allvin

Mikheyev   see Delia

Lazar       see Mikheyev, over hyped plays up and down the line up, but brings no offence

Horvat     Months younger than Lazar, entering the prime of his career

Burroughs    see Dries ^

Martin   in his prime, it might last a year, it might last 10 years, see Dries^

Demko  He's the guy we hang our hat on, if he doesn't turn into Cory Schneider we'll be alright

those are our old guys, for comparison sake, Ovi and Pavelski are 4 years older than Schenn, and Schenn is the least of our problems

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah.

That HNIC panel though need to brush up on the Nucks. Kevin thinks Delia is a young rookie and Kelly didn't know much about the sequence at all. But still made comments. 

that sounds like another day at the office for Kelly

Imagine working with that guy, haha

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

@J-23

Why the brown bag? I am agreeing with you. KB3 has given a guy he likes some criticism. 

Or dont you like me wnating HNIC to pay more attention to the details surrounding the Nucks?

Cookies come in brown bags.  Cookies good = brown bags good.  

spacer.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

@J-23

Why the brown bag? I am agreeing with you. KB3 has given a guy he likes some criticism. 

Or dont you like me wnating HNIC to pay more attention to the details surrounding the Nucks?

I think the brown bag is the most misunderstood emoji

even by me

sometimes I use it when I think the poster is way off side

mostly though I use it when I agree but the point, although correct, is nauseating

I sometimes wish it was upside down so I could use it airplane style

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

@J-23

The beauty thing is 1 size fits all. If things continue like this we’ll all be wearing one F010A0A6-7932-4F78-9305-617BB67586D5.thumb.jpeg.dd14b3b3fc116a05fb9ce83565e6bda5.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

I think the brown bag is the most misunderstood emoji

even by me

sometimes I use it when I think the poster is way off side

mostly though I use it when I agree but the point, although correct, is nauseating

I sometimes wish it was upside down so I could use it airplane style

yea, maybe he means 'rough game' for the panel?

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah.

It was a genuine misclick.

But now I will keep it there, so we can embrace the paper bag. 

A017BAC0-7A13-4DE5-9145-8BAE9D252DA5.thumb.jpeg.674e148fc909fdbf884efe0dae143cc6.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont

Just was confused. I like that poster. He usually gives out hugs.

On the Miller topic though, as one of those defenders that you talk about, I have never liked the way he heads back to the bench ater a shift.

I think every player should be attentive and hustle when on the ice surface. 

I don't expect every player to leave everything on the ice for every shift, but if you're going to pull that kind of crap, you better be the hardest worker on your team.  

I wouldn't put miller in the top half for that on this team

• Cheers 1