The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Slovakia vs. Canada | Quarterfinal | Jan. 02, 2023 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He wouldn't be in the A. He's also C. I think we have seen enough examples of how well these small skilled Cs translate their game to the NHL. Not to mention his value has shot up, Worth more than his draft position now. Not sure if the same can be said about klim however.

I think we need to do a better job at taking the BPA from a value perspective. Skilled C and D are always wanted by everyone. Wingers are always undervalued because everyone can be one. We are always taking wingers though... 

Yeah we gotta start taking BPA but with position in mind for sure! 

• Vintage 2

Everytime Guenther does something amazing it just feels like another Canucks L. Flying out there, one of the best Canadians. Bedard hasn't taken over this game exactly but Dylan is really flying, really looks like an NHL shot compared to others out there.

I know the shots are doubled up but this game is far too close going into the 3rd. Clutch time now, I'm expecting Wright to score a big goal here but we'll see...

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

I hope Clarke does dumb stuff like that when Kings play the Canucks.

Looks really loose out there, far too much skating up ice and below the offensive red line which is nuts, then not great defending. I'm sure he'll get better and in 5 years, probably end up elite, but he really needs to sort his smarts and defence out.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Everytime Guenther does something amazing it just feels like another Canucks L. Flying out there, one of the best Canadians. Bedard hasn't taken over this game exactly but Dylan is really flying, really looks like an NHL shot compared to others out there.

I know the shots are doubled up but this game is far too close going into the 3rd. Clutch time now, I'm expecting Wright to score a big goal here but we'll see...

He's better tonight, but away from bedard he's been mostly unnoticeable, imo. Solid game tonight though, I agree.

Zero issues with that trade

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He’s flying out there for sure, but his shot could use some work. Or maybe shot placement/selection. 

Still young though and from the eye test he’s got all the tools. 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah we gotta start taking BPA but with position in mind for sure! 

Dallas turned a mid 2nd into a high 1st+ value by doing nothing. Because the kid is in a position to succeed. Good jr team, Good teammates for the national tournaments... Mix in being a RH C... With a motor like mottes and a solid 2 way game.. 

I'm really struggling to see why we don't think of these things. All the smart teams do it seems. 

I'll just let this topic die as I don't want to seem like I'm trashing or down on klim haha. I'm just very down on our teams decision making 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think DG has been the recipient of playing on the pp with Bedard, but I don't think he's been noticeable beyond that.......better tonight though

He’s got skill and speed though. He deserves to be on the top line imo. 

Just wish he had a little more finish. 

Those blown grade A chances are gonna end up biting the team in the ass.