The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you think most of the people who go to Rogers Arena are actually fans?  How many corporate season tickets are sold every year in the lower bowl?  How many actual fans sit in the club seats?  Those tickets are all given away to employees who just want to hang out and watch a game.  I've sat in the club seats many a time.  I know how it is down there.

I have been regretting getting season tickets in Club, I’ve been to so many games this season making the trip from Abbotsford. I’m so sad..

• Huggy Bear 1

At this point I genuinely feel bad for the players. Year after year there is incredible pressure for a substandard team to make the playoffs. Unreasonable expectations and extended losing streaks mean that by November every game feels like a must-win. Do the players under-perform sometimes? Absolutely. But you create a terrible work environment that persists for a decade and of course you're going to get poor performances. 

This team is not built to make the playoffs but that doesn't stop executives from saying that anything short of playoffs is a dramatic failure. This team is getting to the point where Petey and Hughes are going to be too old to be part of a rebuild lol. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

At this point I genuinely feel bad for the players. Year after year there is incredible pressure for a substandard team to make the playoffs. Unreasonable expectations and extended losing streaks mean that by November every game feels like a must-win. Do the players under-perform sometimes? Absolutely. But you create a terrible work environment that persists for a decade and of course you're going to get poor performances. 

This team is not built to make the playoffs but that doesn't stop executives from saying that anything short of playoffs is a dramatic failure. This team is getting to the point where Petey and Hughes are going to be too old to be part of a rebuild lol. 

I find it hard to have sympathy for the working conditions of athletes being paid millions of dollars 

teams with far less talent have played far better 

too many games you just have to look at the shot block count to figure out how much most of these guys care 

Keep Mik, Petey,  Kuz, and for the time being Demko, and Schenn. I'm ok with Dermott and Bear as well. 

Trade everyone else. 

Just try to bring the overall cap down. 

Hughes has to at least bring a 1st and prospects.

Bo should should bring hopefully a 1st and prospects. 

Get rid of everyone else even if it's for 2nd and 3rd, heck even 4th rounders. 

Fire the assistants. Bring in some coaches who can teach defence and penalty killing. 

Bottom out. With some cap room. 

Start over. 

Stop looking for home runs.

Just look for hockey trades that makes the team better. 

After 3 years of early retirement I took a part time easy job, I worked 1 hour today, got paid for three, came home, had a beer and decided I was worn out and needed a nap so I recorded the game. Just finished watching it now and realize I need a better part time gig, they got paid way more than I did and worked a heck of a lot less.

Edited by Wise Guy
  • Cheers 1

Been a fan of this team for a long long time seen some bad teams with good players good team with bad players 

but this team is the  to most discombobulated group I’ve ever seen Suit up as a “ team”here. 
It’s Not even  possible to blame one guy this group isn’t a team it’s a bunch of guys waiting for something to happen.

on the ice they wait off the ice they wait. 
i
It’s everything about this group it’s been The same for a few years 

not a cohesive group.  

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1