Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Flames blew a 2 goal lead in the third.

More salty Sutter coming up.

Best result imo 

Blues may not make it, Flames may not either, but games like that one keep them both ahead of us 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What are you talking about? No one has the time or the patience to wait another 3 years to watch lackluster games or team.

Not every fan wants to tank, tanking means you are okay with 3 years of guaranteed no playoffs, I am not okay with that. I actually like going to games now both for dates and for business, I am not down to watch a young team for 3 years I want a competitive team now, even if they lose as long as they are entertaining i am happy tanking isn't fun.

They are a competitive team. The problem is that they are also very bad. If we weren't competitive, we wouldn't even be scoring.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What are you talking about? No one has the time or the patience to wait another 3 years to watch lackluster games or team.

Not every fan wants to tank, tanking means you are okay with 3 years of guaranteed no playoffs, I am not okay with that. I actually like going to games now both for dates and for business, I am not down to watch a young team for 3 years I want a competitive team now, even if they lose as long as they are entertaining i am happy tanking isn't fun.

What are YOU talking about?

Let’s not forget, in the off season the team made questionable moves to improve the team and be more competitive over last year.  

We’ve had a large enough sample size this year to confidently say that they might actually have gotten worse. 

You’re coming across as a person who knows little  about the type of hockey that wins games and championships .

The fact that you find this tire fire hockey we’ve witnessed so far entertaining, tells me all I need to know. 

32 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Hockey players aren't thinking of business operations or draft picks they aren't that educated or refined in the sense of busienss of hcokey.

Hockey players want to WIN, and they will continue to push to the end regardless of where they may end up, 14th or 31st you cant convince or reason with a professional squad to describe value of picks and placement order, their eyes will gloss over sorry these guys are atheletes not business operators.

Ya, I've been making the same argument year after year.

This is not my point, you don't ask players to lose but you can move tradable assets for picks and prospects thus weakening an already weak team and getting a top three pick and stocking up for future years.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Imagine Ben Chiarot winning you the lottery…

Just now, Tank4Bedard said:

image.thumb.png.cf66fa52adea94929695f0e464f41c10.png

My 7th spin at this. And canucks havent won it yet but i get this lmfao 

If the Florida pick ends up being top five or winning the lottery I'm gonna laugh

Montreal should have a bright future to look forward to given their young NHL talent, prospect pool, and stash of picks 

• Cheers 1