The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

15 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Dhaliwal did not say who it was, clickbait speculation title by whoever wrote this article.

All he said was it wasn’t Trotz.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Dhaliwal did not say who it was, clickbait speculation title by whoever wrote this article.

All he said was it wasn’t Trotz.

Yea,, But to deny it being Trotz and completely dance around Babcock and not even just deny it straight up.... a little odd

24 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Yea,, But to deny it being Trotz and completely dance around Babcock and not even just deny it straight up.... a little odd

His reasoning is pretty weak around Trotz too.

He says his agent would never put another guy in Vancouver? Give me a break. Fans were chanting this guys name. Do you really think this market has treated him poorly? I mean his results here aren’t exactly stellar…

Trotz will go where he sees the best opportunity. Whether or not they pitch him on Vancouver I don’t know. But I highly doubt the Boudreau situation would affect that.

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Hearing that name gives me the shivers… and with this management group right now… I would by lying if I said it didnt concern me a little

Our owner went to Vegas to talk with Tocchet, right?  It’s pretty clear our owner will be involved in hiring the next coach.  

Just now, DeNiro said:

He says his agent would never put another guy in Vancouver? Give me a break. Fans were chanting this guys name. Do you really think this market has treated him poorly? I mean his results here aren’t exactly stellar…

Trotz will go where he sees the best opportunity. Whether or not they pitch him on Vancouver I don’t know. But I highly doubt the Boudreau situation would affect that.

Trotz should be the number 1 candidate if we truly are searching for a replacement 

Just now, Alflives said:

Our owner went to Vegas to talk with Tocchet, right?  It’s pretty clear our owner will be involved in hiring the next coach.  

Even more concerning if its FA. Probably went to Vegas to get some gambling tips from Tocchet and is putting all his chips in on Babc*nt

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Trotz should be the number 1 candidate if we truly are searching for a replacement 

Yea not at least having a conversation with him would be insane.

Unless of course they already no he either has no interest in coaching in Canada or he has no plan to return till next season.

Either way I think you at least talk to him again. Tells me they’re probably fairly early in the coaching search.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

What did Babcock do that was wrong in the Leafs again? Was it the Marner thing.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean it’s a fair point. Management has treated Bruce very poorly. Also Rutherford admitted to looking for other coaches while Bruce is our guy. The entire league is laughing at us about this.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I mean it’s a fair point. Management has treated Bruce very poorly. Also Rutherford admitted to looking for other coaches while Bruce is our guy. The entire league is laughing at us about this.

Nah I think it’s all overblown.

Unless they ask Bruce how he feels about it I don’t buy everyone saying he’s being disrespected. We don’t know the conversations they’re having behind closed doors.

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nah I think it’s all overblown.

Unless they ask Bruce how he feels about it I don’t buy everyone saying he’s being disrespected. We don’t know the conversations they’re having behind closed doors.

Ya, sorry no, he’s being publicly disrespected..

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

There is a laundry list of things.

Healthy scratched Mike Modano multiple times at the end of the season so he would never play 1500 games. Modano sits at 1499

Refused to play Chelios in the winter classic and when Ken Holland went and gave Babcock shit about it, he put Chelios in the lineup but never gave him a single shift and at the very end of the game he told Chelios to go play and Chelios told him to go f*** himself and he was wasted on the bench because his kids were running him beers on the bench hahaha. Pretty crappy but hilarious story at the same time. 
Theres a few other things he did throughout his career, I just cant remember all of them. But hes a POS

• Vintage 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Ya, sorry no, he’s being publicly disrespected..

To everyone on the outside sure. But again we don’t know what’s being said behind closed doors.

Maybe he’s agreed to keep running things until a change is made. Who knows? 

He’s a professional and him and JR are friends. I’m sure there’s no hard feelings.

22 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Not great when his contract his hard to move and you have a coach who will drive his value down even more.  Also a super bad look for getting anyone else to agree to come here given Tocchet's known character issues.

You cannot drive OEL's value down more than it already is.

It is one of the five most untradeable deals. He is not an NHL player anymore. He has four years left after this. 

If they can force out this roasted NHL player, good. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:39 PM, hammertime said:

Gross Tocchet and Yeo tandem dark days ahead. 

that is so old school

I thought we were going new age

how about ROn McLean, Cassie Campbell Pascal, Jen Botterill and Brock McGillis

If only we could find a 3 legged dog to help out