The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Muttley said:

Klimovitch is absolutely breaking out into what everyone hoped he would. A call-up would be warranted. Now that Podkolzin is over the shock and displeasure of

being demoted, he could get a look soon too. Karlsson and Hoglander both very talented, whether they're structured enough is anyone's guess. We should have 

scouts for that. It is difficult to judge the AHL because the schedule is so stop and go.

Aside from hands, hogz is, by far, the dominant player most nights.  Like Hansen, if his hands could catch up to the rest of him, he'd be gold

• Haha 1

I agree, but this looks like

Just now, stawns said:

How does that relate to to the miheyev situation?  That's where I'm confused by your statement 

Your money for the most part is guaranteed by the team. Agents are gonna take a step back more then nhl agents cuz contracts can be restructured year by year. Nhl players are also a little bit more naive about bring up any malpractice issues compared to the big three

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm assuming that he couldn't make it worse by playing and that it was a matter of pain management and being effective enough, as a player, for it to matter.

No doctor is going to sign off on it and no player would risk their career if playing through could cause a worse injury

ACL tears are not black and white... sometimes you can operate on them for years.

A doctor has to make an assessment based on what the scans are showing him and how the player reacts to the testing.

• Thanks 1

I know Allvin can’t answer questions about tanking but I will be curious to see how they handle the tank in the last couple months here.

I know there are no guarantees with the lottery, but they need to give themselves the best chance at a top 5-6 pick at the very least.

A bunch of morale victories down the stretch is not acceptable this time. It’s how we end up with more average prospects and remain a below average team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

ACL tears are not black and white... sometimes you can operate on them for years.

A doctor has to make an assessment based on what the scans are showing him and how the player reacts to the testing.

Exactly and obviously it was not a situation that would be made worse by playing through.  No one, not player, agent, doctors or the team would have let him play if doing so was a risk of bigger injury to it 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

it’s probably just a partial tear. No way you can play the whole year with a complete tear. 

Yeah, there are varying levels of severity. I hiked, skied and showshoed for almost 2 years before it got so bad I absolutely needed surgery. I can see Mik gritting it out, but I ain't that tough.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Klimovitch is absolutely breaking out into what everyone hoped he would. A call-up would be warranted. Now that Podkolzin is over the shock and displeasure of

being demoted, he could get a look soon too. Karlsson and Hoglander both very talented, whether they're structured enough is anyone's guess. We should have 

scouts for that. It is difficult to judge the AHL because the schedule is so stop and go.

I think Podz has realized this was a good move from the get go..

they sent him down after a fight he had a couple of months ago, he did ok in the tilt,  but I think Management wanted him protect him and let him concentrate on his game , 

he is YOUNG, and Strong,  he dosent need to be fighting 30 year olds ,   Just yet ;) 

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Exactly and obviously it was not a situation that would be made worse by playing through.  No one, not player, agent, doctors or the team would have let him play if doing so was a risk of bigger injury to it 

Not exactly...

The doctor's judgement is really important.  And that is often dependent on how experienced they are and how many cases they have seen.

My brother had an ACL problem which his doctor recommended he should have surgery on sooner rather than later... even though my brother said the leg felt fine.

He decided to postpone the surgery to the fall because he wanted to enjoy the summer... and of course, midway through July it failed on him and he had to have full reconstruction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Not exactly...

The doctor's judgement is really important.  And that is often dependent on how experienced they are and how many cases they have seen.

My brother had an ACL problem which his doctor recommended he should have surgery on sooner rather than later... even though my brother said the leg felt fine.

He decided to postpone the surgery to the fall because he wanted to enjoy the summer... and of course, midway through July it failed on him and he had to have full reconstruction.

No one would have signed off on him playing if there were the slightest chance playing could make it worse ........no chance

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know Allvin can’t answer questions about tanking but I will be curious to see how they handle the tank in the last couple months here.

I know there are no guarantees with the lottery, but they need to give themselves the best chance at a top 5-6 pick at the very least.

A bunch of morale victories down the stretch is not acceptable this time. It’s how we end up with more average prospects and remain a below average team.

They really need to finish bottom 4 to have a good chance at one the top 4 picks.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1