The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

3 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Yeah , for a guy who was a captain and with that position trained  to choose words very carefully, be humble and gracious after every game, I was surprised he said that, especially when the fans and team here are a big reason he is now making $8.5 mil a year

He should have just kept his mouth shut about Vancouver altogether and moved on, (perhaps he is taking it personally that the team has moved on and been better without him and more cohesive and standing up for one another now that he is gone and was silently hoping for us to fall apart without a captain, so his butt hurt reaction was to say I don't miss you guys either)?

Yup.  He knew exactly what he said.  He knew it would get a response and reaction.  

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Look up his playoff stats and stop being ignorant? 

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

mhm. 

bo was literally known for being a clutch playoff performer since junior with london. 

he did well in 2015 as a rookie for us in that first round against the flames.

and he majorly showed up in the 2020 bubble.

it's funny that people have such short memories. 

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

7493868F-8712-4C23-89B2-A97B03E93074.thumb.jpeg.66abe89c724f202571ecc8a12cd106ef.jpeg

Your Silence is golden “SilentSam”

Bo Horvat career PPG as a Canuck was .67 during the regular season and his career PPG in the playoffs is .69. A .02 increase in production. 

What a PlaYoFF PeRFormER. Best in da Leeeeeege. One of you posted that he was a near PPG in the playoffs but has since deleted your post. It’s still on page 312 though as the ludicrous post of Bo being a PPG player in the playoffs was quoted. 

Ultimately, numbers don’t lie and much like Bo’s career, he’s STREAKY. Of course he caught fire for one round in the playoffs, it’s what he does before he disappears again. Reilly Smith has a higher PPG than Bo in the playoffs. Bo is NOT a playoff performer. Don’t bring up the juniors to me. Cody Hodgson was a big time juniors performer too. Big whoop. 

PS: people call McDavid a choker and then call average players like Horvat playoff performers. Ridiculous. 

• Wat 3

2 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Bo Horvat career PPG as a Canuck was .67 during the regular season and his career PPG in the playoffs is .69. A .02 increase in production. 

What a PlaYoFF PeRFormER. Best in da Leeeeeege. One of you posted that he was a near PPG in the playoffs but has since deleted your post. It’s still on page 312 though as the ludicrous post of Bo being a PPG player in the playoffs was quoted. 

Ultimately, numbers don’t lie and much like Bo’s career, he’s STREAKY. Of course he caught fire for one round in the playoffs, it’s what he does before he disappears again. Reilly Smith has a higher PPG than Bo in the playoffs. Bo is NOT a playoff performer. Don’t bring up the juniors to me. Cody Hodgson was a big time juniors performer too. Big whoop. 

PS: people call McDavid a choker and then call average players like Horvat playoff performers. Ridiculous. 

Who called McDavid a choker? 

Also play not dropping in the playoffs is literally performing in playoffs. Grasping at straws now :lol:

Also don’t bring up things that support the case. Lmao. 

Edited by canuck73_3

16 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Riddle me this Mr. Wise one…. How come Beauvillier wasnt able to produce in NYI?????

All of the sudden he is producing at a career high rate.

I think that says a whole lot more about NYI than it does Horvat. But your ignorance of course only sees the drop in production and ignores the rise.

You turn a blind eye to one guys increase in production and only speak about Horvats drop.

So let me get this straight NYI smothered Beauvillier’s potential and Vancouver carried Horvat? K. Got it.

Yes, actually. Petey, Miller and Hughes carried Horvat. Now you're catching on. Proud of you.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Who called McDavid a choker? 

Also play not dropping in the playoffs is literally performing in playoffs. Grasping at straws now :lol:

Also don’t bring up things that support the case. Lmao. 

I love responding to you because you find logical and statistically factual responses hilarious resulting in you giving me props and increasing my reputation score on here. Keep responding to my posts with the “wats” and the “hahas”. 

Where I’m from, playoff performers tend to MAJORLY step up and make big differences in the playoffs, not maintain their status quo and perform at their usual regular season level. 

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yes, actually. Petey, Miller and Hughes carried Horvat. Now you're catching on. Proud of you.

Hmm weird didnt know Mikheyev and Boeser were spelled like that.

Lmao… trying to tell me 2 Centres carried a centre. Hahahahahahahahahha

13 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You’re still not answering the question…. Why is Beauvillier producing here but wasnt in New York.

Quit avoiding the question. 

19 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

image.gif.bfabe271606d60c9d339f03c6c9d8434.gif

• Cheers 1

Few points in general not particularly in response to anyone 

Horvat is supposed to be a better player than Beauvillier, see the trade return.

Beauvillier has basically replaced Horvats production.

the canucks have done better overall since the trade.

the canucks also acquired Raty(top prospect) and a 1st rounder (flipped for Hronek)

Miller, Petey and even Boeser have done better stats wise since the trade.

Horvat would arguably be the 5th/6th best skater but the highest paid. -Petey, Miller, Hughes, Kuzmenko? Boeser? Horvat? Elephant?

The locker room has stated its fun to come to the rink, again.

Horvat took shots at Canucks fans, deservedly or not.

Beauvillier & Raty have been quite happy & playing well since joining the organization.

Horvat is struggling, he wont even finish at a PPG/82

As a canuck, Horvat was on pace for around 90pts 49gp/54.

as an Islander Horvat has 15pts in 28gp, a pace over 82 is under 50pts.

Fans tossed Horvats jersey on the ice, you're the Captain and need to own it, you're responsible for the on and off ice leadership. this was also when Horvat was playing his absolute worst.( gave up on back checks, Garland getting suckered, etc)

Bo sounds bitter about the trade/ results/contract/fans, the trade return has hurt the Isles more then what he brings to that team.

since joining the Isles for a playoff push and hasn't performed even remotely well.

the contract he and his agent wanted vs what the canucks offered and what he signed for, sounds upset that he wasnt valued as much as he thought he was and what the Isles feel he is worth.

taking shots at fans to try and make yourself some points with your new teams fans is childish and cheap.

glad Horvat got paid and all that security, I'm even happier it's not with Vancouver and the trade was clearly won by GraMPA & JR.

:lol:

6ce27c09-5aa5-4e9a-8e30-5693da7f2fb0-small.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

B0CCBB43-31B8-40F9-9409-AFF379333C6F.thumb.jpeg.5925efbeeeda8a16136b906465174997.jpeg

What happened in 02-03 Nazzy? 1.27ppg in the regular season… what happened to you in playoffs??? .65PPG. What a performance bro.

hows that for stats? 

Edited by AnthonyG