The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

So are you saying despite wearing a letter, Bo wasn’t a leader? 

Nope I am not saying that. Leadership is nuanced and there are many styles of it. Just cause YOU don’t agree with how he lead on the service does not mean he wasn’t a leader. 

And having a good leadership group is just as important as who the captain is. This team is getting there imo this offseason is a big one. 

• Wat 1

31 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That would have been an addition to the leadership group, Henrik would still be captain. Glad you’re finally starting to grasp this. 

Your really trying to take control of a snow ball head for hell ,  you ride it out cowboy.

I highly recommend the Bag Balm used by Ranchers and Farmers alike for your chafing .

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You undervalue him and I would agree he’s not ROH material now that he has gone, if he stayed it is still up for debate depending how further years went. 

And see the brain cell comment and numerous other insulting comments about him shows your inability to have rational discussion. 

Lol.. 

try it ..   it will change your perception, and bring you back to reality.

FE15C1C3-43E0-424C-BE8B-C75922306204.webp.f79566eea9a082f8c041f50130addfb7.webp

• Haha 1

I’m excited to see Bo in the playoffs. I want to see this “playoff Bo” everyone is raving about. The “playoff Bo” is who averages 0.69 PPG compared to his usual regular season 0.67 PPG. He’s been on a horrible cold streak of late though so as is the case with streaky players, he’ll probably catch fire for round 1 of the playoffs before disappearing again. 

Would much rather be in our position than NYI going forward

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, .Naslund said:

I’m excited to see Bo in the playoffs. I want to see this “playoff Bo” everyone is raving about. The “playoff Bo” is who averages 0.69 PPG compared to his usual regular season 0.67 PPG. He’s been on a horrible cold streak of late though so as is the case with streaky players, he’ll probably catch fire for round 1 of the playoffs before disappearing again. 

I do hope NY does well in the playoffs, I dont see their future being very bright after the next couple seasons tbh

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, .Naslund said:

Acknowledging his play does not regress in the playoffs =\= raving. 

• Wat 1

Whichever side of the Horvat issue one is on a coupleof things seems pretty obvious to me. First it was a good trade as his production has totally fallen off since the trade, maybe that's a result of the NYI system being more defensive or maybe he's just returning to the 50 + point player he has been up to this year. Second, looking at the change in the team chemistry, and also the change is JT's attitude, it seems Bo may have been a locker room problem, at least with Miller....or maybe it's all just coincidence

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

I do hope NY does well in the playoffs, I dont see their future being very bright after the next couple seasons tbh

Why? Their majority aging out players are in the bottom 6 not on too long of term and mostly replaceable. 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Acknowledging his play does not regress in the playoffs =\= raving. 

It’s been said that he picks it up in the playoffs and that he steps his game up. He’s never had many opportunities so I’m taking this as an opportunity to be proven wrong. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why? Their majority aging out players are in the bottom 6 not on too long of term and mostly replaceable. 

Lee, Nelson, Pageau, Palmieri, Cizikas all old and on expensive + long contracts.

They gave us their best prospect, and traded away their 2023 1st, they dont really have anyone waiting in the wings, or much by way of assets to improve further.

This iteration of NYI is likely the best we see before they go back into rebuild/accumulate prospects mode

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

It’s been said that he picks it up in the playoffs and that he steps his game up. He’s never had many opportunities so I’m taking this as an opportunity to be proven wrong. 

I mean he did carry the team passed St Louis so he has done it before. People aren’t happy with his playoff performance for no reason. He was shades of Kesler vs Nashville that series. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Lee, Nelson, Pageau, Palmieri, Cizikas all old and on expensive + long contracts.

They gave us their best prospect, and traded away their 2023 1st, they dont really have anyone waiting in the wings, or much by way of assets to improve further.

This iteration of NYI is likely the best we see before they go back into rebuild/accumulate prospects mode

Cizikas is the longest and he is a fantastic bottom 6 forward the rest expire in 3 years or less and Lee is still performing to his deal. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I mean he did carry the team passed St Louis so he has done it before. People aren’t happy with his playoff performance for now reason. He was shades of Kesler vs Nashville that series. 

He scored in two games and then had no points for the final 4 games of the series but sure we can call that “carried”.  

Shades of Kesler ok but nowhere near as impactful or impressive as Kesler in that Nashville series. Kesler had a few 3 point games, a few 2 pointers and hit the scoresheet games 2-6

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, .Naslund said:

He scored in two games and then had no points for the final 4 games of the series but sure we can call that “carried”.  

Shades of Kesler ok but nowhere near as impactful or impressive as Kesler in that Nashville series. Kesler had a few 3 point games, a few 2 pointers and hit the scoresheet games 2-6

Didn’t he finish tied for fourth in the league for goal scoring  in the 2020 playoffs? And he played fewer series/games  than those ahead of him.   I guess that’s not stepping up? He should have finished first?

Bo Horvat had many flaws in his game, he was not worth 8.5 million - this contract is the product of him having all the leverage on Lou, and he wasn’t the best captain in team history.. but the bitterness here is jaded girlfriend that just got dumped caliber. I wish the guy all the best, I’m more worried about our team. 

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Cool you read the stat sheet and didn't watch the games. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

Bo Horvat had many flaws in his game, he was not worth 8.5 million - …and he wasn’t the best captain in team history

Exactly. This is why I don’t miss him.

Good opportunity to turn the page on our team leadership group. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2