The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin knows Kuzmenko was fairly treated by PA. He came over on a 1 year deal and they resigned him to a multi million dollar deal. If Try comes I can't see more than a 1 year 'show me' deal with a promise of a market value contract if he does well. Let's face it the KHL is probably in big trouble financially. All this speculation might be pointless anyway if the borders are closed to military aged men. My big fear is that Russia calls all military age men home from abroad. How many in the NHL would go back?  

I understand why a longer term commitment, or even a shorter term one would appeal to him given what's going on between Russia and Ukraine. I'm just a bit more skeptical regarding his interest in the Canucks, history or not, when he's suddenly got the rest of the league as an option. I'm mostly indifferent regarding whether he plays for us or not, I wasn't expecting him to actually look at the league again though and have viewed the ongoing speculation that's taken place over the years as silly. 

If folks have realistic expectations about him coming in and being a surefire top 4D he'd probably fit here just fine as a bottom pairing guy, I just wouldn't expect more from him. Size, skates well for such a big guy, provides an intimidation factor even if he probably doesn't fight as much as some would like (my personal guess). Could certainly do worse. And if it's a shorter term deal there's really no harm in it. 

If he wants to play on a winning team I reckon he'll look elsewhere though. I just don't expect that from us sooner than later, I don't see our overhauling the roster as a one or two offseason project and I won't be surprised if we're drafting top 12 again next season. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What’s this “BiG” crap.

The man skates like the wind for 6 ‘ 8 and 250.

Yes, I'm aware he skates well for his size. I just have him pegged as more of a 5-6D whose game is more about playing a safe, physical style. Could play a complimentary role for one of Bear, Woo, or Johansson. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Ultimately I'd be fine with him as a stopgap but I reckon that's all he'd probably be. But hey, someone's gotta play those minutes. If he actually wants a shot at winning something sooner than later in this league he'll likely have to sign elsewhere though. We're definitely a team in transition. Rebuild, retool, management can call it whatever they like, it probably won't be as short a process as some folks are hoping it will be. 

The two year contention window JR was talking about coming in was always ridiculous, he was off the mark with his assessment of this roster and group. Years of management bumbling over the past two management groups guaranteed it wasn't going to be a quick and easy process. 

Your obviously the Head of Blind Management and assessments.

To me, Tryamkin seems like a loyal guy. He showed interest in the Canucks when he went back to Russia, through social media. He stayed loyal to his KHL team. Now, there’s more appeal than ever to rejoin the Canucks - Russian players, a Russian defensive coach, plenty of opportunity on our team. It feels like a good fit, despite so many butt hurt people here who took it personally when he decided to play on his homeland while still growing up and figuring his life out. I would not be surprised in the slightest to see him sign with us.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yes, I'm aware he skates well for his size. I just have him pegged as more of a 5-6D whose game is more about playing a safe, physical style. Could play a complimentary role for one of Bear, Woo, or Johansson. 

You should try to stop pegging players,.

and be open minded about Team Culture and concept,  and build around that .

Tryamkin will help create the new culture needed here.. 

apparently the one Bo couldn’t contribute to,

but one he likes in NY.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/video/horvat-says-culture-and-organization-are-primary-reasons-for-extending-with-islanders/

• Wat 1

54 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

JT is gonna get jealous at this rate. 

Miller love I can at least get on board with. When he wants to he plays hard. Not to mention he is a proven NHL talent. Tryamkin was meh in Russia and was meh here. He's 29 this summer. I don't see him as this massive difference maker that people make him out to be. But hey, I can sympathize with people that fall in love with the idea of a player's talent. I was team Virtanen for the longest. Boy did that age worse than milk.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Miller love I can at least get on board with. When he wants to he plays hard. Not to mention he is a proven NHL talent. Tryamkin was meh in Russia and was meh here. He's 29 this summer. I don't see him as this massive difference maker that people make him out to be. But hey, I can sympathize with people that fall in love with the idea of a player's talent. I was team Virtanen for the longest. Boy did that age worse than milk.

It’s not love boys and girls,  those were my assessments for why I think Management would keep Miller over Horvat.

Now just because your assessments for Horvat are and we’re exaggerated, as were your assessments of Millers short comings ..

your lost for a player to Love.

Id like you and 73’ to love Boeser more,.  
  you guys help fill a void for me. 

What short comings ?

See you don't even acknowledge them even though they’ve been right in your face all season. :lol:

Terrible puck decisions (blind passes)

Giving up on plays entirely

mediocre defensive play despite saying he would work on it

Childish outbursts. 

Yes he has games like last night where he’s pretty solid, but this season they haven’t been consistent enough for a solid supposed leader even though the point totals are fine. 

He is a flawed player despite the offensive success yet you continually bury your head in the sand and blame everyone else for his obvious short comings. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

See you don't even acknowledge them even though they’ve been right in your face all season. :lol:

Terrible puck decisions (blind passes)

Giving up on plays entirely

mediocre defensive play despite saying he would work on it

Childish outbursts. 

Yes he has games like last night where he’s pretty solid, but this season they haven’t been consistent enough for a solid supposed leader even though the point totals are fine. 

He is a flawed player despite the offensive success yet you continually bury your head in the sand and blame everyone else for his obvious short comings. 

.. and he still gets a point a game !

that’s pretty good.

Meanwhile Horvat says he likes the culture in NY,.  The one he couldn’t establish from his position of Captain here.

• Haha 1
  • elephant 1

.. and he still gets a point a game !

that’s pretty good.

Meanwhile Horvat says he likes the culture in NY,.  The one he couldn’t establish from his position of Captain here.

And one would think an elephant could pull some weight and establish culture.