The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I'm conflicted about OEL. If he gets shut down, we could use his cap space to take on money for an asset. But the tank was going perfectly well with him in the lineup...

I know that OEL has had a tough season, but he's still our best d-man after Quinn.  

We will see who is going to get the tough matchups now, but it's not gonna be pretty.  

2 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I'm conflicted about OEL. If he gets shut down, we could use his cap space to take on money for an asset. But the tank was going perfectly well with him in the lineup...

Ahhh but yessss, we LTIR OEL and make use of that space at this years TDL by perhaps enabling a 3 way trade with a cap strapped team that wants its shiny playoff toys?

Maybe even move BB6 or Myers out as part of that deal? 

We also call up some of the Abby D who don’t have much NHL experience and give them a go. Their learning curve will enable the tank to continue and we also get to see what or who might be part of our future. It’s a win win win. 

Hate to see anyone hurt, but If we are going to LTIR anyone and use that gift, OEL is the golden goose. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1