The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No days off with Tocchet.  

Love it, this team needs to toughen up.  I still remember Bruce coming in and commenting how badly out of shape our team was.  Tocchet has said that same thing now.  

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Doesn't van have 21 wins and Ari 19?  I guess losses are the tie breaker

The tie breaker is regulation wins which Coyotes have more than us.

Wins are regulation + ot + so.

Tie breaker goes RW then ROW then W. 

Essentially we have more ot and so wins then Coyites but less regulation wins. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Tanks a lot 1

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

No days off with Tocchet.  

Love it, this team needs to toughen up.  I still remember Bruce coming in and commenting how badly out of shape our team was.  Tocchet has said that same thing now.  

Yeah, they've really turned a corner

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

From Rick Dhaliwal:

Agent Dan Milstein on Andrei Kuzmenko: He never once complained to me last week. He did lots of video work and 1 on 1 coaching to understand what coaches wanted and how to improve. He is all smiles and hard work.

If people were paying attention during the pre/post games in the last week ... Tocchet even said Kuz is all about learning and understanding exactly this.

There never was an issue. 

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

Offensively, the Canucks are top 8 in the entire league.   Imagine if RT can learn them some defensive structure,  I mean you have to be horrendous defensively if you’re 8th in offence in the entire league and yet only 28th overall standings.  And yet here the Canucks are presented with a once in the lifetime chance for this organization.   All top 4 players in this draft would all be 1st overall picks in other drafts and the Canucks are within reach of grabbing one of those top 4 spots since the Canucks are losing worse than either of those teams.  But even if the Canucks secure a bottom 4 ranking there’s still only a 35% chance of picking in the top 4.   35% to get a lottery pick basically.  Still, best odds the Canucks have ever had.  

• Tanks a lot 1

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Maybe that's why Rutherfraud said what he said at the press conference that aren't we tanking?  Maybe the orders were given to Boudreau to tank and he wouldnt do it, so they changed him out with someone who would follow Management orders.  Maybe they were criticizing him publicly to make it incredibly uncomfortable for him, which would be incredibly low but who knows with this team.

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I get that building a winning culture and identiy takes some time but the on-ice performance of this team under new headcoach Tocchet has been pretty underwhelming, to say the least. If a coach like Bruce Boudreau with all his experience of hundreds of NHL games coached in this league isn't able to establish the right culture and fix problems like the penalty kill and the overall defensive awareness and the compete level a coach like Rick won't get it done either.

• Tanks a lot 1