The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Tanner Jeannot to Lightning for Cal Foote, 2025 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2023 4th-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick

Is this one of the worst trades in recent history? An entire draft class + Foote for...3 assists in 14 games and a -5?

I think this is what happens when teams over-hype size over skill and hockey awareness. 

I know everyone says the chance of a draft pick becoming a full time NHLer is pretty low, but what about the first, 2nd, and heck, even Cal Foote?

We should draft a bunch of 6'3" guys, play them with Petey in their rookie season so they too score 20 goals and then sell them for an entire draft class and keep that system rolling year after year.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

This trade was terrible but I’m not sure people should be quick to call out “Two Cups and 3 Finals in 3 years” T-Bay just yet.  Jeannot is a playoff acquisition. 

Odds are their run is at the end but you can’t blame them for keeping their chips in the middle - and there’s an obvious method to their madness. 

Edited by ilduce39

Like how did this trade go down?

If Tampa called and offered a 1st round pick, Nashville was just like "no we're good."

Okay how about we add a 2nd?

"Nah"

Okay and a third? 

"Nah"

Okay a 4th? 

"Nah"

Okay fine, a 5th also? 

"Maybe"

Fine, How about we add in Foote?

"okay... I guess so"

• Haha 2