The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Tanner Jeannot to Lightning for Cal Foote, 2025 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2023 4th-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yeah I think about that as well. Maybe Jovo or Mitchell before that too? 

I wonder what was said in the Canuck dressing room because I really believe there was a concerted effort to limit the amount of physicality the team brought forward. I think the Bruins sensed that eventually and took full advantage of it. 

The Bruins were down 2 games and they were getting really desperate.  Canucks were clearly the more talented team but the Bruins had Jacobs and the Zebras.  The Bruins tried the same douche tactics with ST Louis but that Blues came prepared to bite back.  With a big and nasty d core the Blues bit back hard and the Bruins had nothing else.  The fanbased can hate on Marchand but he did what he could to help his team win a cup vs the non response from Mr Nice Guy, which PROBABLY had an effect on BOTH locker rooms morale.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

BriseBois on why it was a pretty easy decision to give up all those picks.

If he thought Jeannot puts them on top and gives them another SCF appearance, then those picks are well worth it.

They don't have forever with their group and might as well do their best to make it 4 straight SCF appearances. That would be something that we haven't seen in a long long time.

And we get to enjoy the Leafs exit in the first round at the hands of the Lightnings yet again and watch TSN explode.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Who knows what has been offered for Miller. Maybe offers are still being put out there we will never know until something happens.

It will have to be a team that is on the cusp of winning.

Carolina maybe?

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

That team totally dominated the league that year, especially the PP.  Not sure why that didn't translate to the playoffs. They struggled in the post season right from the get go with Chicago.

Games in the playoffs are called differently and the Canucks should had adjusted, as the series went along.  They were the more talented team and they were up 2 games in the finals but the teams leadership couldn't deliver when it mattered.  I get it cause by game 7 the roster was depleted cause the team didn't have an answer to the Bruins dirty play...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 hours ago, rekker said:

At some point though the quantity is insane. Add a decent prospect, I just don't get it.

They see the need to replace a player like Nick Paul , regardless of run, retool or rebuild.

I think Jeannot fills that need.

Id still like to get Rasmussen here from Detroit.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, jyu said:

If he thought Jeannot puts them on top and gives them another SCF appearance, then those picks are well worth it.

They don't have forever with their group and might as well do their best to make it 4 straight SCF appearances. That would be something that we haven't seen in a long long time.

And we get to enjoy the Leafs exit in the first round at the hands of the Lightnings yet again and watch TSN explode.

Toronto could still counter and overpay to get Trenin out of Nashville.  

34 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

That's on you.

Is it? Because to me this looks like a guy who had a decent season last year and took a huge step back this year. I mean, the guy has the same number of points as Dakota Joshua does this season. Looks to me like a bottom 6 grinder. 

6 minutes ago, Canucks1000 said:

Is it? Because to me this looks like a guy who had a decent season last year and took a huge step back this year. I mean, the guy has the same number of points as Dakota Joshua does this season. Looks to me like a bottom 6 grinder. 

Everybody took a step back this year in Nashville.  Tampa probably didn't acquire Jeannot for his scoring but rather his physicality and willingness to answer the bell - a fight can also change the momentum in a series.

As for scoring (via tracking technology): 

Trades like this mean that Boeser is worth a first. Retain 1 or 2 mil, fine, but Jeannot is in no world worth this haul. A physical winger who scored 24 goals once and is dipping this year, and he gets an entire draft class + Foote? I'd pin him as a 2nd round pick to be honest, not all this...maybe his cheap cap helps.

We should be hot on the phones about selling Garland, Miller, Myers and Boeser. Retain or send to a 3rd party for a 4th or 5th if we have to.

I'm starting to worry that the reason we're not cashing in is just bad managers.

25 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Tampa is going for a cup he’s a beast 

Yeah I think if you read some of my other posts I very much like him but it doesn't change the fact they paid way too much.

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Well having gone to the finals the last 3 years and winning the cup in two of those years, I would say that they know what they are doing.

I mean that's your opinion. I think there's a lot of hockey people that think they way overpaid. I'm not really sure going to the finals or winning the cup determines whether this particular trade was a good deal or not.

Just heard about this last night, before hittin' the hay.

This one smells funny, like some OBC, favour for favour, after we see results.

Last summer didn't Poile take an overpaid McDonagh off TBay's hands? Would say some extra picks were promised there(during this season), if it went as sideways as most expected.

The US teams just keep shifting assets(present, futures & cap) back & forth between the haves & nots. The riggeddeckleague ****ing sucks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, myre said:

Yeah I think if you read some of my other posts I very much like him but it doesn't change the fact they paid way too much.

I mean that's your opinion. I think there's a lot of hockey people that think they way overpaid. I'm not really sure going to the finals or winning the cup determines whether this particular trade was a good deal or not.

I guess it remains to be seen but I am sure they scouted around and were looking for a specific player with specific attributes they know will help them in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just heard about this last night, before hittin' the hay.

This one smells funny, like some OBC, favour for favour, after we see results.

Last summer didn't Poile take an overpaid McDonagh off TBay's hands? Would say some extra picks were promised there(during this season), if it went as sideways as most expected.

The US teams just keep shifting assets(present, futures & cap) back & forth between the haves & nots. The riggeddeckleague ****ing sucks.

Reasonable doubt. That trade for mcdonagh was a bit strange. 

• Tanks a lot 1

14 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Plus even if this crash and burns Tampa can say well we already won 2 cups 

Can’t believe a Florida team has three cups in 20+ years of existence while we have zero and only three appearances to show for in fifty years.