The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2023 | 7:30 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

47 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Continue to build the process.

At this point I don't care if we win or lose, I just want to see the building blocks of playing a game that is sustainable for winning games. Starting to see glimpses and moments of consistency of playing better defensively. Continue this, I'm starting to feel more optimistic based on seeing the small improvements and players buying into the system.

I don't care really at this point where we land for that 1st round pick, if the goal is to make the playoffs next season, then I want to see the building blocks to getting there. Last two games have been encouraging.

Refreshing take. The lottery is a lottery, and there’s no point stressing over a few percent difference in odds. I’m looking for improvement as well and like the emerging culture of no passengers, hard practices, better structure, etc.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

It took Benning two seasons to finally land OEL. There is no easy way out of that contract. To me; It is a big stumbling block in truly putting a new face on this team.

There would be more options if that one contract could be moved, alas, it really can't unless he decides to retire early and that is unlikely. JB was obsessed, and 

now and for ages to come, we try and get around it. Dang.

Myers will be the fall guy. IMO, because of OEL's contract

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Myers will be the fall guy. IMO, because of OEL's contract

Why not get rid of both? Buyout ORL, and trade Myers after his bonus is paid. That clear 13 mil off our cap for next season. Dumperoo Garland and Trade Boeser with retention, and we clear 20+ mil. 

4 minutes ago, jason10009 said:

What is the extent of Hronek's shoulder injury?  Hopefully, our team doctors were able to adequately assess the injury prior to the trade.

Those same doctors who treated Pearson's hand injury? I would have more trust in the walk-in clinic in my neighborhood.

Edited by 1-d
  • There it is 1
  • elephant 1