The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2023 | 7:30 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We have 3G on roster still??? Thought we had Delia as backup...good to see they aren't just running Demko every game even with a day off in between. They need to be cautious with Demko to finish the year, he is playing great but don't run him into the ground to end the year while we finish 25th in the standings...

Just now, Neutral said:

We have 3G on roster still??? Thought we had Delia as backup...good to see they aren't just running Demko every game even with a day off in between. They need to be cautious with Demko to finish the year, he is playing great but don't run him into the ground to end the year while we finish 25th in the standings...

Delia isn’t feeling well.

• Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I wish Tocchet would try Miller centering Podz and Kravtsov.  Then put Boeser and Garland with Dries.  Those could be a couple of effective offensive lines, and maybe help get Kravtsov going as well.

As longs as Podkolzin continues to play with confidence and Kravtsov can improve his defensive game their promotion will happen, and regardless of if Boeser is moved or not, I feel he'll bounce back to his old form.  This is a young man who just lost his father while playing in one of the most toxic media environments in Hockey, so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure on his analytics playing with Pettersson, but the team will need to put Boeser in position to succeed and playing with Petey could rejuvenate that, but I think we all know the writing is on the wall for Brock.

That could leave a healthy Mikheyev and a hopefully an improved Beau flanking Miller on a kind of do it all swiss army line leaving Podkolzin and Kravtsov to continue developing with sheltered minutes on the 3rd with the ability to step up into the top 6 if need be.

There are obvious cap issues with this team that still need to be addressed to make the roster work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plaguez said:

Let's try not to get out tanked by the Preds this game team. We needed to beat the Leafs, that was fun but time to get back to tank time.  Would like to see a hard played, close loss please.

Amen 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

More curious on the second unit. Or third if there is such a thing. Sometimes the PK guy is in the box, or two if 5 on 3.  

Me too. Hard to argue with EP and JT on the kill after last game..

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

sons of anarchy facepalm GIF by HULU

Are we talking about the same D core?

The one that previously had one of the worst pk’s of all time and was bottom 5 in pretty much every defensive category?

You’re really gonna pretend like this wouldn’t be an upgrade?

Nope you’re right we couldn’t possibly be better without OEL, Stillman, and Bear in the lineup. :lol: 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Are we talking about the same D core?

The one that previously had one of the worst pk’s of all time and was bottom 5 in pretty much every defensive category?

You’re really gonna pretend like this wouldn’t be an upgrade. Nope you’re right we couldn’t possibly be better without OEL, Stillman, and Bear in the lineup. :lol: 

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

50 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Hughes-Juulsen

Brisebois-Myers

Wolanin-Burroughs

Looking Around Star Trek GIF

I think that this defensive unit has outperformed any combination that included OEL and Bear earlier this year. 

Brisebois, Juulsen, and Wolanin have been perfectly fine IMO, especially Breezer.