The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Mar. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Nope, some could care less. As long as they win as much as they can for the rest of the year. It's always the Canucks playoffs at the end of the year. You should know that.

People shouldn't take their frustration out on other fans.  

We cheer and analyze, but it's not like Allvin is polling us to figure out what he should do.  If anything, the fans need to control their meltdowns better.  Throwing jerseys on the ice multiple times per year is kind of embarrassing.  

I wanted them to not get any points tonight, but it is what it is. 

So if we lose out and we get....ONE guy. That makes things so much brighter? An unproven NHL'er at that?

I'd prefer a balance where the guys in place are happy, confident, building momentum and chemistry. New coach has them building a solid foundation .... and perhaps they add a piece as well.

Not putting all the eggs in one basket. It's common sense to not overlook what losing does to a roster. Even that ONE pick won't pick up all the pieces in that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

People shouldn't take their frustration out on other fans.  

We cheer and analyze, but it's not like Allvin is polling us to figure out what he should do.  If anything, the fans need to control their meltdowns better.  Throwing jerseys on the ice multiple times per year is kind of embarrassing.  

I wanted them to not get any points tonight, but it is what it is. 

It's also what it has been for a few years now. These wins at the end mean zip when it comes to next year. We should all know that by now.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

Real Housewives Asian GIF by NETFLIX

maybe it has something to do with this:

Tonight Show Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Nope, just puzzled why incessantly whining the same thing night after night over something you have zero control over. We get it. Nothing anyone posts here makes the team go all in on 10th place. 

Say something interesting, or just don’t watch if you’re going to be this much of a cry baby. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nope, just puzzled why incessantly whining the same thing night after night over something you have zero control over. We get it. Nothing anyone posts here makes the team go all in on 10th place. 

Say something interesting, or just don’t watch if you’re going to be this much of a cry baby. 

Angry Tony Hale GIF by SAG Awards

Shit Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by UFC

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

This.

Life is what we make it. I watch hockey to watch...hockey. Because I love it. Not just for the results which, apparently are only acceptable if they're losses.

I take whatever comes at this point. But winning is good for the guys in the room and that matters. Not just the guys not in the room who may or may not get us there.

It's all uncertain so success is important in some aspects.

But this isn’t proving to me that they can win when it matters.

All this is showing me is that they can push when the pressure is off and other teams are easing up on them.

I love my team winning too, but at some point you realize the teams that win consistently are the ones that leaned into being really bad at one point. Staying in middle gets you nowhere.

At this point I’m done complaining about wins but at the same time I can’t celebrate them like they mean anything.

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So if we lose out and we get....ONE guy. That makes things so much brighter? An unproven NHL'er at that?

I'd prefer a balance where the guys in place are happy, confident, building momentum and chemistry. New coach has them building a solid foundation .... and perhaps they add a piece as well.

Not putting all the eggs in one basket. It's common sense to not overlook what losing does to a roster. Even that ONE pick won't pick up all the pieces in that. 

If the ONE guy is Bedard then yes.

Do I really have to explain that a player like that completely changes the fortune of a team?

Sure there’s no guarantees but if you don’t have a ticket then you definitely don’t have a chance.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All this is showing me is that they can push when the pressure is off and other teams are easing up on them.

I love my team winning too, but at some point you realize the teams that win consistently are the ones that leaned into being really bad at one point. Staying in middle gets you nowhere.

At this point I’m done complaining about wins but at the same time I can’t celebrate them like they mean anything.

Other teams are easing up?

Hardly. That's where you lost me.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lmao NHL teams don’t “ease up” what a completely ignorant statement :picard:

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Kaös said:

Wow the absolute love and fixation for mediocrity on these forums is amazing. Are you guys not sick of teams like, Colorado, Carolina, St-louis hell even LA rebuilding and winning cups? its the same thing year in and year out, out of the playoff picture then start to win meaningless games and get crappy draft picks. The Canucks and Sabers are the 2 oldest teams in the NHL to NEVER WIN the cup at 50 years 50 YEARS, are you not tired of it????  

Oh yeah I am tired of it but there is absolutely nothing you or me or anyone else on this forum can do about it. 

So might as well just crack a cold one and let the cards land where it be. 

• Cheers 1

Actual winning is winning when the teams around you in the standings want you to lose. Winning when the teams around you are cheering for you to win...whatever the anti-tankists say...it's not real winning. Jannik Hansen said he puts no stock in them winning these meaningless games, and that they "should have done it months ago when it actually mattered."