The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 23 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Nope french bull dogs

I used to think they were so weird looking to the point that they became cute. I had a French Bulldog once upon a time enter my life for a couple of years and it's been one of my favourite breeds ever since. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I used to think they were so weird looking to the point that they became cute. I had a French Bulldog once upon a time enter my life for a couple of years and it's been one of my favourite breeds ever since. 

Kinda the same really. I always had bigger dogs. My wife fell in love with one, then we got two…it’s ridiculous how much I like them really lol. Cheers 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Haha,

I am totally not a small dog person, but we looked after one for a few days a few years back and i've wanted one since! Such cool dogs

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Aw man this makes me miss my little guy, he was 19 when we had to let him go last summer :(

sometime in the future I know I will cave in and get another dog, unconditional love and lots of entertainment 

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

My work site security officers…they mean business!! Don’t mess with em or they’ll chew yer ankles off B)

37B752A6-BF01-4DE5-93DE-502F97A619EE.jpeg

These French Bulldogs have just this year  unseated the long standing Labrador Retriever as the AKA’s most popular breed . 

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Although I won't mind the Canucks still having a chance at the local kid (even at the 11th standing) by seasons end , I am hopeful and satisfied with the progress the team has made the past few weeks - really been a nice turnaround compared with the debacle of the earlier season games.  Still baffled how they could have lost so many multi-goal leads in October - 10 points from that month - and we would be just outside the playoff line now.

My one concern is that it seems like the team is still mainly driven by the same players - Hughes Miller Peterssen and I like to see some of the 2nd and 3rd line players be more involved in the scoring  I am hoping that high drafted players like Kratsov, Podz and Raty can show more of their offensive potential which was the reason for their high rankings.

If this team is to contend in 2-3 years, they seriously need to develop or find depth players who can contribute scoring and take up the slack should we be missing some of the core players for a game to two..or if they are having an off game.  I hope Boeser and/or Garland can also continue to provide the needed back up scoring if teams continue to key in on Petey and Miller.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

My pride and joy he is!

He’s probably the powerful swimmer I’ve ever seen. No dog has ever out swam him in retrieval. His favourite game is dock diving and  crowds  of people will stop and watch him doing it. 

He gets a ton of exercise which in turn helps keeps me fit. I believe he’s adding 10 years to my life in the joy and activity he brings. Here’s a better look at his chest.

3DEC5D8E-4676-4D6F-90D9-22056419953A.thumb.jpeg.2c0af483fd35d6caa7bf29c51e980653.jpeg

Looks like you’re not the only one excited! B)

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Been a lot this week...two sick animals in the family (2 expensive vet trips), Dad broke his teeth and taxes had to be done. My week off..."vacation".

Can hardly wait for the game...my bright spot. Treated myself to some Tino's for dinner. Two hockey loving guys own the joint...will always support them.

336362593_1362971007603732_6183531561226

336237539_1379016126167869_8876292196057

That looks sooo good , now I’m hungry… still waiting for my pot roast to be done

sooooon ::D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We took a Siberian Husky off the hands of a cousin, many years ago, who couldn’t manage her. They were city people and didn’t really understand the animal they had. We got her at 10 months and had her for many years. Absolutely the most gentle dog (with people) we ever had. Nikki, her name when we got her, loved adventure. She would just leave the property and go on journeys. So we put up 26 acres of special fencing for her, so she could roam safely. It was well worth the effort. It was awesome seeing her roaming and running free and knowing she was safe. She always came back to the house by nightfall too. She’d run up the stairs and hop on our bed. Super good dog.  Beautiful. 

Thanks for sharing that story Alfie. 

My best friend took in a rescue half husky half lab from Northern BC. 

Things started fine with his newlywed wife, they had a kid during the pandemic and then everything started going wrong. 

He lost his wife, mom, and dad all within two years (during the pandemic to boot), and all to different types of cancer. 

He all of a sudden became not only a single father but also still had him a dog. 

His dog is great with humans but never really got socialized with other dogs. 

He got loose and ended up in a neighborhood yard and fought with another dog. Now he's labeled as a dangerous dog by the City of Vancouver.  

Anyways, that's my story with a husky rescue... 

Edit: I failed to mention that I walk him every couple of weeks, and I wish there was a safe way to get him habituated with other dogs. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant