The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars, March 25, 2023 - 4PM PST (7PM EST) - The Revenge Game (maybe)

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Would Pavel Bure Get Suspended Today if the Mother of all Elbows occurred in the 2023 Playoffs between Dallas and Vancouver  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Breeeze Baaaa

Isn't Murph like 50 now...time to be a grown up and spell the names not use stupid images, man do I hate social media hence why this is my only version i partake in...only cause I love my Canucks!

Feeling another Canucks win. Tocchet has them firing on all cylinders and working them hard in practice. The expectation bar has been raised and I think the players are enjoying this challenge. Miller has been a beast lately and every time he snipes one top shelf, I feel JR/PA made the right choice. Miller will be clutch in playoffs next year and for years to come. Looking forward to seeing McDonough at some point. I heard CHI.  

• Cheers 1

So, what is everyone having for your mid-game dinner? I am making Pho Soup from scratch, has been bubbling away in the background now for about 5 hours with a couple more to go. Absolutely delicious and according to wife (who is an absolute wizzard in the kitchen) is better than take out version from a Vietnamese joint - high praise indeed.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Going to hurt our cap thats for sure...if only we signed Hughes and Petey to 8yr deals prior to July 1 or the draft even when we made the Dickinson trade? With 2.65m Canucks could have had 8yr deals for Petey @8.75m and Hughes 8.5m roughly without doing the numbers HECK we might have got both on 8yr 8m per deals maybe...oh what could have been!!

Now Petey this summer coming off a 100pt season has the team by the balls, esepecially if they trade JT before July 1st. EP could ask for 12m and as much as we hate it, seeing him have back to back 100pt seasons possibly would garner him betting on himself but then he could look at being the top paid player in the NHL...ugh I hope not!

I would be shocked if EP signs under 10m on a long term deal. His agent likely brings up Pastrnak, both have similar pt totals this year, EP is a C albeit not that good at FaceOffs yet so he plays the more important position. Could easily see the ask coming from his agent being 12m maybe slightly more maybe just under 12m...interesting to see if they try and get this exntension done ASAP so it gives the team a clear picture going forward what his future cap hit will be.

A key off season upcoming, if we can move Myers after his SB with no retention to clear 6m that would help. One winger making over 4m is gone, logic says its a RW between Boeser/Garland but I wouldn't rule out the Canucks dangling Beau at the draft to see if they could get an extra late 1st round pick for him? He has fit well, but I mean he plays with EP everyone looks good with him...so do we try to sell high on him if we can to clear his 4.1m? Canucks have LW's in Podkolzin, Hoglander, Kravtsov, McDonaugh, Joshua, Pearson(injured). 

I would like to see Tocchet put Podkolzin or Kravtsov with EP and Kuz to see if there is any chemistry. Can't call up Hoglander unless we have injuries but even then Studnicka plays before we play a call up I would assume. So Hoglander will have to finish the AHL year strong, have a great off season and come to training camp hungry and make Tocchet slot him in to a top 6 role potentially to start the year.

Big off season ahead for the Canucks, Big risk to trade JT with how he has been playing but 5-7yrs from now if he does regress he won't be easy to move or may cost us to move him at that time. So if Canucks want to try and remain younger, clear more cap space to help improve the D more and then try and add a good C who can play the #2 hole they could look to move JT before July 1. We would be taking salary back, hopefully in a C capacity or a D that can play top 4 ideally right side in a potential JT trade

Think EP next contract will be between $11-12M.  :(  That’s gonna hurt.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Think EP next contract will be between $11-12M.  :(  That’s gonna hurt.

Who says he's re-signing with us?   If we have our usual / annual disasterous start to next season - again (after going on our usual year-end "Dead cat" bounce) he may get fed up and take the high road and go to a well managed franchise with "Normal" ownership and a real chance to win.

Don't count the chickens 'till their hatched!

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Isn't Murph like 50 now...time to be a grown up and spell the names not use stupid images, man do I hate social media hence why this is my only version i partake in...only cause I love my Canucks!

Rant on Neut!

Only see that stuff on here, myself.

Waste time trying to figure out a couple cartoon images.

Here's my new rant:

Can they please stop wearing those GQ suits, dress shoes, ties and shite?

I'm a T-Shirt and jeans guy; boots (work or hunting).

F-this (can't say what Bobby Clark once said anymore) fashion crap.

Ever see pics of Gordie or Bobby (both Orr and Hull) in their prime?

FGQ IMO

Edited by Goal:thecup
spelling (or auto-correct)
  • Cheers 1