The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Los Angeles Kings, Rogers Place, April 2 2023 @ 5PM PST (8PM EST) - "Team Like That" Cup

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

19 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Seems @OldFaithfulCap is too busy today (hey, he can't be expected do all the GDT) so whipping one together.

A Random Hockey Story

************************** Now for the Game Day Thread ************************************ 

Overview

Current Records

Media

Matchup Info

By the Numbers

Teams

************************** Now for some Fun Stuff *******************************

That looks like Samuel L. Jackson in your sig! Pulp Fiction? Haha! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Muttley said:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((:mad::angry:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVkA016xlJx1YtC1gwIkK  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbMeFG1YaECt5UHt8v2k-       images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGo-xxUVaw63Rfh7I3SPm

Kevin Fiala                   VS                   Elias Pettersson

72 points.                          the-rock.gif                        96 points.                                                                    

**************************************************       

Love these old vids. Linesman Randy Mitton was a  high school classmate of mine back in the late 60's.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'M GOING TO THE GAME WOOOO!!

Love our team

What section?  See if we can spot the rabib Canuck fan spilling beer/wine/pop over everyone around you when JT Miller scores!

Edited by Rocket-68

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Los Angeles Kings, Rogers Place, April 2 2023 @ 5PM PST (8PM EST) - "Team Like That" Cup
13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

What section?  See if we can spot the rabib Canuck fan spilling beer/wine/pop over everyone around you when JT Miller scores!

Not sure...a friend has tickets and we're meeting there. Upper bowl...just listen for me when JT scores!!

I'll be wearing my 9 jersey that says: "Hey Deb, you're the very best person on this earth and I'm glad we're bff's forever love JT". Something like that. :towel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know about you, or the Team Tankers (which by the way I do hope the Canucks now finish in the 5 - 8 range given playoffs are officially over once Winnipeg gets one more win) ... but I really want the Canucks to win 2 more games this year (Calgary and this one).

That "Team Like That" should be a battle cry every time Doughboy steps onto the ice in a Kings Uniform. Feel free to lob beer in his general direction if you are fortunate enough to be sitting within spitting distance of the Kings bench.

Just Kidding, verbal abuse is fine (mostly) but please don't physically abuse anyone (no matter how deserving they maybe) at a Canucks game at any time.

Canucks troll Drew Doughty with "Team Like That" T-shirts

image.png.493ba285a2c9736da518c16adbd952b7.png

Edited by Rocket-68

14 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

the next advances will be by subtraction. Trade before the season starts and a buyout will move out two defenders that eat a lot of cap space. We already have a new Dman to more than fill those shoes and a free agent attraction isn't unlikely this summer. 

Agreed that the new advances will happen through subtraction, but the buyout is a terrible option IMO.  

Besides Myers, you're also looking at moving on from one of the wingers that we have.  A quick look at the upcoming UFA class shows that it's going to be a barren wasteland.  Moving on from Myers and one of the Boeser/Garland/Beauvillier trio would open up 10-12 million minus any deals that come back our way.  

That's plenty of money to bank some space and bring in a 3rd line center and one more d-man. 

Meanwhile, in Russia, Sergei and Vanya are getting ready to try out for the Canucks next season ... bodes well for toughness, less so on brains :bigblush:

... ummm ... ahhh ... perhaps I can post here if enough clamor for it, LOL