The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller and Pettersson both chasing some Canucks records

Rate this topic

The_Rocket

58 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Happy Game Day!

Both miller and petey will find themselves landing additional spots in the Canucks all time record books if they can get 5 points (or more) each before the end of the season. 

for Miller, it will bring him to 300 points as a Canuck, making him the fastest canuck to do so in 283 games (or less). 

for Pettersson, he will join JTM and Pavel Bure as the only other players in franchise history to average a point per game or better in the Canuck careers. Pettersson will also tie Daniel Sedin and Markus naslund for the 5th highest scoring season in franchise history. 

let’s see if they can do it!

I hate to be that guy, but interestingly, over his first 5 seasons, pavel bure played exactly 283 games. he had 333 points in those games. 

re-edit: fact-checking my fact-checking. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Happy Game Day!

Both miller and petey will find themselves landing additional spots in the Canucks all time record books if they can get 5 points (or more) each before the end of the season. 

for Miller, it will bring him to 300 points as a Canuck, making him the fastest canuck to do so in 283 games (or less). 

for Pettersson, he will join JTM and Pavel Bure as the only other players in franchise history to average a point per game or better in the Canuck careers. Pettersson will also tie Daniel Sedin and Markus naslund for the 5th highest scoring season in franchise history. 

let’s see if they can do it!

Pavel Bure had 320 points in his first 268 games…

• Vintage 1

Hope Petey gets his one final point in the last two games, surely he will but you never know...

I wonder how he'll fare next season under a defensive regime the whole year? A healthy Mikheyev and Kuzmenko consistently will really help, I'm not sure if he'll hit 120 or anything but hope he can follow this year up with another 100pts next year.

Well we have had some players be over a point per game for their Canucks careers for a while...Mogilny and then gradually faded below, Ronning for his first little while.  Miller and Pettersson may rise above 1.00, probably will, but I guess what matters in the end is if they stay above it.  As evidenced by Mogilny not being mentioned.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1