The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:00 PM

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah wish we kept him I liked his game here 

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah I was disappointed to see him go. Just a classic case of impatience by previous management; was he a Gillis pick?

I didn't think he was that good here tbh.

Showed grit but looked like a depth player at best (remember him getting walked badly+easily by Matthews). Maybe he just needed a bit of time. Good for him.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I didn't think he was that good here tbh.

Showed grit but looked like a depth player at best (remember him getting walked badly+easily by Matthews). Maybe he just needed a bit of time. Good for him.

He was trending in the right direction imo they pulled the plug too early letting him go

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chatfield would be a perfect partner for Hughes. Another Benning blunder. Imagine having Chatfield over Myers at only $762k. 

He’s a UFA next summer. Hopefully Allvin brings him back home. 

Honestly, this is more of a Trent Cull/Travis Green blunder, poor development and usage of player. Benning at the very least signed him as a free agent and gave him a chance to play pro. I hate Benning, but this one isn't fully on him.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chatfield would be a perfect partner for Hughes. Another Benning blunder. Imagine having Chatfield over Myers at only $762k. 

To be fair 99% of us were ok to see Chatfield go at the time. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning is the one that brought him and kept bringing him back.  Blame Travis Green if you really want to on that one.  

I was one of the few people batting for Chatfield back in the day...  

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Benning is the one that brought him and kept bringing him back.  Blame Travis Green if you really want to on that one.  

I was one of the few people batting for Chatfield back in the day...  

So many players given away by Benning and his entourage before they were even developed. Forsling, Chatfield, McCann. Benning was the one who hired Green. At the end of the day the blame lies squarely on him. Just like people will blame Rutherford and Allvin for everything. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Mostly this, I was hoping to keep him but didn’t see it as a big loss at the time. Oh well. 

I actually remember Benning commenting on Chatfield as one of the better prospects a few times. I didn’t see what the big deal was myself. Turns out he’s not as dumb as people make him out to be 

• Cheers 1