• Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Kraken in 4
    • Kraken in 5
    • Kraken in 6
    • Kraken in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2023 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree, and yes Makar should have got 5 and a game + 3 arguably more if Rome’s hit was 4. 

Makar is 5'11" 190lbs. It's not like he charged or slew footed or head shot him. 99 times out of a 100 NHL player pops up from that hit and absolutely no one remembers it happened. It was a 2:00 minor that was reviewed because McCann was injured and a suspension because concussions are still a hot topic (deservedly so). Hit was stupid but not overly malicious by a guy with zero history. 1 game is more than enough. 

Your bias is showing.

• Wat 2

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s not too shocking the Avalanche are down in the series.

Last year they had:
- Gabriel Landeskog
- Nazem Kadri
- Andre Burakovsky
- Valeri Nichuskin
- Cale Makar

For Game 5, none of those players were available.

And their cup winning goalie gone too Like him or not, but he got the job done. 

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why do you hate Seattle? 

They’re so new and a good hodge podge of good players. 

Exactly! The only reason why people want to hate on Seattle is sports fan insecurity. Just because our team has made some mind numbing and bumbling mistakes, doesn’t mean you can’t give credit where credit is due for another franchise/team. They build their team differently then Vegas did and built for the long term instead of wheeling and dealing. It’s impressive.

If people want to be jealous or upset at teams like Seattle, they need to look in the mirror of their own team and direct their anger/frustration at management & ownership. Hell I would rather see Seattle win a cup before Toronto does. I have a place in my heart for Cascadia sports teams over the big bad empire that is the centre of the universe. Sorry not sorry. 

I’m so happy for Seattle and those fans are going to be so amped up on Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Exactly! The only reason why people want to hate on Seattle is sports fan insecurity. Just because our team has made some mind numbing and bumbling mistakes, doesn’t mean you can’t give credit where credit is due for another franchise/team. They build their team differently then Vegas did and built for the long term instead of wheeling and dealing. It’s impressive.

If people want to be jealous or upset at teams like Seattle, they need to look in the mirror of their own team and direct their anger/frustration at management & ownership. Hell I would rather see Seattle win a cup before Toronto does. I have a place in my heart for Cascadia sports teams over the big bad empire that is the centre of the universe. Sorry not sorry. 

I’m so happy for Seattle and those fans are going to be so amped up on Friday. 

Seattle is an easy team to root for, we have more in common with that city then places like Edmonton and Calgary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Seattle is an easy team to root for, we have more in common with that city then places like Edmonton and Calgary.

The physical closeness of the 2 cites just makes a natural rivalry. There will be many years of enjoyment watching them compete. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

100% love the city and how similar we are to them. Both cities can relate to the pain of losing our NBA franchises (although I hear Seattle is getting an expansion team) we share a lot more in common then the Alberta teams that’s for sure.

The sad thing is if Tod Leiweke (Tim Leiweke’s brother) who discovered that the land that key arena was on could be expanded underground earlier, Seattle wouldn’t have ever lost the Super Sonics in the first place. Hell they won a championship in 79 they shouldn’t never moved to Oklahoma City just after they drafted Kevin Durant! 

This playoff run will help cement a place for the Kraken in their sports landscape because as a sports fan in Seattle you have literally every professional sports league to choose from (NBA coming soon) so it’s important that the team has some early success. Grow the hockey market fan base to an already crazy passionate city who love their sports teams. Can’t see anything wrong with that. Other than insecure sports fans of other markets being jealous of them, but thankfully not everyone lives in pettiness stuff like that but some do.:ph34r:

Give this Kraken team some credit for putting the defending champs on the brink with no real superstar player on their team. 

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Cityscape, Urban, City, Outdoors, Aerial View, Nature, Sea, Water

Could contain: Cityscape, Urban, City, Cloud, Sky, Scenery, Landscape, Horizon, Vegetation, Cumulus

Could contain: Water, Waterfront, Machine, Wheel, Cityscape, Urban, Boat, Amusement Park, Fun, Ferris Wheel

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Makar is 5'11" 190lbs. It's not like he charged or slew footed or head shot him. 99 times out of a 100 NHL player pops up from that hit and absolutely no one remembers it happened. It was a 2:00 minor that was reviewed because McCann was injured and a suspension because concussions are still a hot topic (deservedly so). Hit was stupid but not overly malicious by a guy with zero history. 1 game is more than enough. 

Your bias is showing.

There is a reason hockey fans around the league have nicknamed him "Dale Makar"

An aside question - has anyone else here wondered why Nichuskin is out of the series?  What do you folks think is going on with him?

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I want Seattle to win. Seattle vs Vancouver will become an event. Seattle is showing how to team build in a big way. Their puck support last night was more than solid. 

Yeah, why not?  I'm cheering them on too.  I love Seattle the city.

For now.

No need to hate on them before we have to.  Might as well be happy for them and their fans this season.

But I also can't wait until there are no pro Seattle posts in here. When we are playing them in a playoff round and the Krakheads are our enemies. A close, northwest rival.  Its what we've wanted for a long time.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Your bias is showing.

You can't hit a guy much less drive him into the boards causing injury, because you don't know where the puck is. This is hardly any different from Hunter on Turgeon which got 21 games, just not quite as vicious or egregious. It was also a later hit than Rome on Horton which got 4 games. If you look at it objectively as I have your comment that I am being biased makes zero sense. I'm going by the NHL's previous rulings, no major and only one game is what makes no sense here.

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You can't hit a guy much less drive him into the boards causing injury, because you don't know where the puck is. This is hardly any different from Hunter on Turgeon which got 21 games, just not quite as vicious or egregious. It was also a later hit than Rome on Horton which got 4 games. If you look at it objectively as I have your comment that I am being biased makes zero sense. I'm going by the NHL's previous rulings, no major and only one game is what makes no sense here.

4 games for Rome was horse shit. All 3 examples are suspending the result and ignoring the action though. I could find an example almost every game of late hit away from the puck that no one notices or cares about because no one got injured. I have no horse in this race. 

Just want some consistency from this bush league. Lower TV ratings than WWE Raw...

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Interesting that the majority here hated Vegas in their first playoff run, but are now cheering on Seattle...

Seattle has likeable players. Vegas other than Fleury and Schmidt imo and now Stone do not.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Interesting that the majority here hated Vegas in their first playoff run, but are now cheering on Seattle...

I think a part of the reason why Vegas got to become a villain so quickly was how unprepared the other GMs were for the first expansion draft in 17 years with new rules. Team GMs gave Vegas a ton of draft pick capital (that they used to draft and flip Nick Suzuki and Brannstrom for Patches and Stone) that they used to bolster their roster into contender status right away. Teams were so afraid to lose some of their 8th best forward or 4th best D that they would rather bribe Vegas prospects (Alex Tuch comes to mind for Vegas not picking Dumba) and with picks. I believe Vegas had 3 1st rounders in their first draft and not one of those picks is still with the team.

Where as this time around in the Seattle expansion draft teams either learned from their mistakes or Francis was asking too much to get the same returns. The Kraken have kept their picks (so far) and are building out the depth for the long term. They are already a playoff team in their second season and will be a force to be reckoned with if Shane Wright becomes the player he was hyped up to be in the future. 

I also think that fans in Vancouver have a bit of a local bias as well (myself included) that we want Seattle to finally be that PNW rival that we never had with the SuperSonics/Grizzlies and the uneven rivalry of the Sounders/Whitecaps. I think deep down we want them to do well but not well enough for them to win a cup before us of course;)

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

I think a part of the reason why Vegas got to become a villain so quickly was how unprepared the other GMs were for the first expansion draft in 17 years with new rules. Team GMs gave Vegas a ton of draft pick capital (that they used to draft and flip Nick Suzuki and Brannstrom for Patches and Stone) that they used to bolster their roster into contender status right away. Teams were so afraid to lose some of their 8th best forward or 4th best D that they would rather bribe Vegas prospects (Alex Tuch comes to mind for Vegas not picking Dumba) and with picks. I believe Vegas had 3 1st rounders in their first draft and not one of those picks is still with the team.

Where as this time around in the Seattle expansion draft teams either learned from their mistakes or Francis was asking too much to get the same returns. The Kraken have kept their picks (so far) and are building out the depth for the long term. They are already a playoff team in their second season and will be a force to be reckoned with if Shane Wright becomes the player he was hyped up to be in the future. 

I also think that fans in Vancouver have a bit of a local bias as well (myself included) that we want Seattle to finally be that PNW rival that we never had with the SuperSonics/Grizzlies and the uneven rivalry of the Sounders/Whitecaps. I think deep down we want them to do well but not well enough for them to win a cup before us of course;)

There were definitely a number of very stupid moves GMs made in the Vegas expansion draft. On top of Tuch like you mentioned, the ones that stand out most to me are Anaheim trading Theodore so they didn't lose Manson or Vatanen, Columbus trading a 1st and a 2nd to make sure Vegas took Karlsson (who was a good target even before his offensive explosion), and Florida trading Smith to make sure Vegas took Marchessault (who were both good targets).

• Thanks 1