• Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Wild in 4
    • Wild in 5
    • Wild in 6
    • Wild in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, rekker said:

But if his name was Aaron Rome and he played for the Canucks?

86,000 games.

For interest, and becuase I'm bitter and can't let go, can someone put those two hits side by side in real time and slo mo.  I know it's ancient history but I wan't to prove to myself that the 2011 finals were, in fact, a complete work.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Dynamic Innovator said:

86,000 games.

For interest, and becuase I'm bitter and can't let go, can someone put those two hits side by side in real time and slo mo.  I know it's ancient history but I wan't to prove to myself that the 2011 finals were, in fact, a complete work.

I'd buy someone a 6 pack for doing this 

Also look at Dumba's skate fly up as he's making the hit. Someone that's intending to hit low doesn't do a high roundhouse with their skate as soon as contact happens. 

How that's not ruled a high hit is beyond me. 

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Watched the replay several times.....I can understand why the Stars are upset, but it was pretty clearly shoulder on shoulder. Even the Stars have admitted Little Joe's injury was the result of hitting his head on the ice....

One of those rare occasions when the DoPS has gotten it right, IMO....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd buy someone a 6 pack for doing this 

Also look at Dumba's skate fly up as he's making the hit. Someone that's intending to hit low doesn't do a high roundhouse with their skate as soon as contact happens. 

How that's not ruled a high hit is beyond me. 

I would contribute to the beer fund if I was in the Lower Mainland.  If, however, the successful videographer is located in the greater Glen Morris/St. George/Paris area, I will buy the six pack. 

Call me cranky and old school but I thought the Rome hit and the Dumba hit were just fine.  I watched Scott Stevens annihilate dudes regularly - hits that would today be considered punishable by permanent suspension and a protest down at city hall (maybe even a banner...)

Looking at Minny, I don't know how they are still so successful. Not only do they have 12M in those stupid contract dead cap, they took on 3.1M in dead cap for Orlov and O'Reilly, and in game 1 their top players were injured. Addison, Klingberg and Goligoski were all out - 3 very solid puck moving defencemen, not to mention Eriksson Ek.

Their defensive-defencemen really carried them, Spurgeon, Brodin, Middleton and Dumba were so solid and played like 35-38 minutes. Obviously Gustavsson carried the team a lot but that's what happens when you ice 4 solid defencemen. I know Dumba has taken criticism in the past but he was massive. Dirty late hit, sure, but that's what seems to get you wins in the playoffs sadly.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Looking at Minny, I don't know how they are still so successful. Not only do they have 12M in those stupid contract dead cap, they took on 3.1M in dead cap for Orlov and O'Reilly, and in game 1 their top players were injured. Addison, Klingberg and Goligoski were all out - 3 very solid puck moving defencemen, not to mention Eriksson Ek.

Their defensive-defencemen really carried them, Spurgeon, Brodin, Middleton and Dumba were so solid and played like 35-38 minutes. Obviously Gustavsson carried the team a lot but that's what happens when you ice 4 solid defencemen. I know Dumba has taken criticism in the past but he was massive. Dirty late hit, sure, but that's what seems to get you wins in the playoffs sadly.

Clean hit* fraction of a second late. 

People talk about the NHL getting soft then want a clean hit like that suspension worthy. Mind boggling, and I don't even like Dumba.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Addison and Goligoski were healthy scratched.  Goligoski spent the 1st half of the season as a bench warmer.  Addison has been a defensive liability.  Brock Faber just signed his ELC and has already overtaken him on their depth chart.  

Wild added for over 13M worth of contracts at the TDL and had room to add even more - the benefit of avoiding LTIR and banking cap space.