The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) ALL IN - Jets/Sharks/Bluejackets/Coyotes

Its offseason for the Canucks and that means time for crazy proposals. 

To Jets - C/LW JT Miller, RW/LW Connor Garland, RD Ethan Bear 

To Canucks - RD Neal Pionk 27 years old , RW/LW Nino Niederreiter 30 years old, C Kevin Stenlund  26 years old 

Jets will be looking to make some changes and play a more hard nosed style. JT and Shiefle play a similar style and are similar in age.  Neal Pionk had a breakout year and could be the guy we need beside Q.Hughes. Nino Niederreiter is a good player on a team that might not value him who is looking for players with push back. Garland and Miller fit that role. Miller could replace Pierre Luc Dubois if he is traded to Montreal. Bear and Stenlund help fill holes on each team

Bouviler plus for Nico Sturm (I like Sturm for his simple mistake free hockey style)

Boeser plus for Raslovic (might need a change of scenery, had a down year and Columbus has better options for that position)

Myers plus 2023 1st round pick for Lawson Crouse (this would add much needed size to our top 9) Myers is involved for obvious salary reasons. 

Kuzmenko Pettersson Crouse 

Hoglander  Raslovic Niederreiter 

Di Guiseppe Sturm Micheyev

Joshua Aman Podkolzin   

Studnica Sasson Stenlund 

Hughes Pionk 

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Boroughs 

Rathbone Johanson 

Demko 

Silvos  

Ok you can rip away on this proposal now

Edited by kenhodgejr

How come we're the one adding in every deal?  I doubt we'd need to add to trade Beauvillier to the Sharks for Sturm, or when trading Boeser for Roslovic.  Also agreed that we shouldn't just trade the 2023 1st to shed Myers (Crouse is good but I'm not trading the early 1st from a good draft year).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I'd rather not trade Miller now - he's a pretty complete player under Tocchet, but if we have to, I wonder if there's a world in which we can get everything we want. Carolina are surely going to get knocked out of the playoffs sooner rather than later for not scoring and Pittsburgh and Washington are desperate. We want a 3C and RD...

Miller for KK + Morrow +/- a pick

Miller for Marcus Pettersson/POJ + Granlund +/- pick

Miller +/- Rathbone for Kuznetsov/Dowd + Alexeyev/Ioro/Feheravy

These teams are desperate, there's lots of combinations of defencemen and centers out there. Of course none of them are perfect but I'd go after something like this if we're trading Miller. Ideally though we'd just flip one of our many useless expensive wingers for cap relief or a center.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd rather not trade Miller now - he's a pretty complete player under Tocchet, but if we have to, I wonder if there's a world in which we can get everything we want. Carolina are surely going to get knocked out of the playoffs sooner rather than later for not scoring and Pittsburgh and Washington are desperate. We want a 3C and RD...

Miller for KK + Morrow +/- a pick

Miller for Marcus Pettersson/POJ + Granlund +/- pick

Miller +/- Rathbone for Kuznetsov/Dowd + Alexeyev/Ioro/Feheravy

These teams are desperate, there's lots of combinations of defencemen and centers out there. Of course none of them are perfect but I'd go after something like this if we're trading Miller. Ideally though we'd just flip one of our many useless expensive wingers for cap relief or a center.

Pretty sure WSH has accepted its fate, and will be in rebuild phase now.   Maybe they try an LA style rebuild,  to give Ovi one last crack at it, but don't think they will.   They don't have two or three old guys like LA had really.   Maybe Ostritch boy if he didn't express interest to leave...Not the same as Kopitar and Doughty.  

Edited by IBatch