The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Memorial Cup Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

He's played against men sized players all year long lol. If Stank was drafted this past summer, he would have been a top 5 pick, he developed huge since his draft year.

No he wouldn’t. Lots of smaller guys have done well against the boys in the WHL. Then they end up stars in the A. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

No he wouldn’t. Lots of smaller guys have done well against the boys in the WHL. Then they end up stars in the A. 

Not sure if you are aware that he was the last player cut from Dallas this year, and played very well in pre-season for them. Yeah, pretty sure he'll be in the NHL in the near future.

Most players who win CHL player of the year at 18 years old, and then are in the conversation again in their 19 year season go on to have succesful NHL careers.

57 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Put a fork in Kamloops. They’re done.

Patrick Roy has Quebec playing a complete team game. 

Kamloops traded away there future for next 5 years for this memorial cup.. Would of never made trade they did..

1. Seattle 2. Pete's 3. Quebec 4. Blazers

Seattle will take the cup...

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Kamloops traded away there future for next 5 years for this memorial cup.. Would of never made trade they did..

1. Seattle 2. Pete's 3. Quebec 4. Blazers

Seattle will take the cup...

Seattle's blueline is too good and too deep.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Loop is dominating. The Petes look out matched in both their games. 

Nice to see Kamloops bounce back after a bad start to the tournament.

Pete’s getting pounded. Is the Ontario league really that bad?

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah he is, he'll be a great player in the NHL. Just don't tell Alf :P

I was so hopeful we would take him when he was still available in the 2nd round.  I like Klimovich, but I think Stankoven will be a top 15 guy in a redraft situation in a couple of years.

• Like 1

Wtf Peterborough. Looked like a dangerous hit on Kamloops dman Masters. Had to stretcher him off the ice, so he’s likely out for the rest of the tournament. 

Zebras hand out offsetting minors, and no penalty on the hit. I guess I’m the wrong guy to judge what a dirty hit is.

Edited by PistolPete13

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Wtf Peterborough. Looked like a dangerous hit on Kamloops dman Masters. 

Zebras hand out offsetting minors, and no penalty on the hit. I guess I’m the wrong guy to judge what a dirty play is.

Clean but dangerous hit.  Within the rules, but outside the code to do that in that situation.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Clean but dangerous hit.  Within the rules, but outside the code to do that in that situation.

Yep, wasn't dirty but it definitely was dangerous. Didn't need to happen in a 10-1 game.

Really hope that Masters is okay and they are just being extra cautious and getting him checked out by doctors.

That game was definitely Blazer hockey this year, and the team I came to expect throughout the season. Can't wait for the game against Seattle.

• Cheers 2