The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Blue Jackets acquire Ivan Provorov; Flyers acquire Cal Petersen, Sean Walker, Helge Grans, 2023 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick, conditional 2024 2nd-round pick; Kings acquire Kevin Connauton, Hayden Hodgson

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [3-Way Trade] Blue Jackets, Flyers, Kings
3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There goes the chances of Vladislav Gavrikov being a Canuck.

They gave up a 1st for him and they're not in a position to be renting players yet, the plan was always to try and retain him 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

Looks like Clarke is becoming redundant… Canucks #11 for Clarke :ph34r:

That'd be a ballsy trade, I question whether LA would go for it though as Clarke appears to be Doughty's heir apparent 

Clarke also projects to make their team next season as their 3RD behind Doughty and Roy

13 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Looks like Clarke is becoming redundant… Canucks #11 for Clarke :ph34r:

LA made it known internally and externally that Clarke is in no way available.  They just traded Walker who played RD on their 3rd pairing - opens up a spot for Clarke.  Gavrikov is an LD.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Yeah that's not a lot for Provorov... there's gotta be more to this than just Walker and Petersen.

I reckon it'll be the LA 1st

Provorov isn't a player I'd want but I get why Columbus would, on their left side it's Werenski and precious little else at the moment after they went and traded Gavrikov

Gives them two top four guys down the left side which is big if the goal is to make the playoffs next season 

• There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

This deal makes no sense:

Some more details: Provorov to CBJ Walker, Petersen to Philly Kings will retain 30% of Provorov deal

So Philly is trading Ivan Provorov to get Sean Walker and Cal Petersen?  And who is going to LA?  Nobody?

Nobody works for LA, it gets them Gavrikov

But yeah, Philly's gotta be getting more