The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams will not wear specialty jerseys in warmups next season

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Juuuuuuuuust wait.........

So how about can you have a poppy emblem on your jersey on Rememberence Day? What about the Canucks Autism Network? Canuck Place?

So any charity is shut out? Any holiday is shut out?

Volunteers ,charity donations won’t  add to the, through the roof profit revenues. In fact that might incure cost. Can’t have that. 

• RoughGame 1

31 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

It’s sports though. Some of us go there or watch online to escape all the political crap in the world.

I am FOR all the special jersey causes and not AGAINST a single one. A couple of white knights took my original post and ran in odd directions with my intent.

Only the ignorant folk watch sports and pretend there's nothing political going on.

I'm sure those same people are getting very political about the Saudi purchase of the PGA Tour.  By the way, apparently the Qatari are planning to make a $2.1B purchase of Washington's Wizards/Capitals franchises.  Remember - no political discussion allowed!

28 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Go start an argument somewhere else. Mr know it all. 

Don't take a shot at women's hockey and expect not to get shit on.

I don't care. I never understood the hype around wearing a practice jersey for 15 minutes before the game. And then charging 800 bucks for a blank one just shows what a cash grab it is. 

You can still have whatever theme nights you want.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah people learned US beer sucks.

Ehh, there's good breweries everywhere now. We're pretty spoiled in Vancouver given how much the craft scene has exploded here, but pretty much every town has at least one craft brewery at this point.

If you're talking about the macro beers, Molson, Labatt, Kokanee, etc are just as shitty as Bud, Coors, MGD etc.

Just don't dare insult Lucky to someone from the Island, they'll rip your head off. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You said you didn't understand the hype, I felt I pretty clearly addressed that..

Sorry, I was using the expression in the sense of "something popular not resonating with you", not that "You are unable to conceive of why people like it."

Perhaps I should have said "felt the hype" instead of "understood."

Edited by McBackup

6 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Sorry, I was using the expression in the sense of "something popular not resonating with you", not that "You are unable to conceive of why people like it."

Perhaps I should have said "felt the hype" instead of "understood."

K. Quite frankly I'm just interested that somehow after my entire post about how these nights mean something to some people after expressing you didn't understand the hype, you managed to get defensive and think this whole thing was about you when I replied. I was simply explaining why some people did get hyped. S'all good, clearly a misunderstanding.

Edited by MeanSeanBean