The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams will not wear specialty jerseys in warmups next season

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You can't predict that.  I bought a couple LGBTQ Whitecaps warm-up shirts because they looked awesome.  They were on sale for like 25 bucks on adidas.

I was wondering not predicting. Pretty much wondering if it was one of many reasons. 

NHL tends to like the mondo and make decisions accordingly. 

45 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

The NHL are a bunch of cowards. This league has seriously gone downhill. Time for Bettman to be shown the door. 

Yeah if individual players do not want to wear the jersey it's their choice. But for the NHL to completely back down on this is kind of a joke.

I hope the NHL does something in those evening to raise awareness in the opening ceremony. It's the least they could do. 

• Cheers 1

good. if the organization want to celebrate pride or whatever theme they want they can decorate the corridors or the arena with the appropriate theme invite the lgbqt group to sing the anthem do whatever, but people shouldn't be forced to wear whatever they are not comfortable with. they can change the center ice logo to rainbow for all i care and have rainbow logo on the pucks or whatever.. and if those that claims religion won't play with a rainbow color logo on the ice or the puck then that's on them.. they have issues.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah if individual players do not want to wear the jersey it's their choice. But for the NHL to completely back down on this is kind of a joke.

I hope the NHL does something in those evening to raise awareness in the opening ceremony. It's the least they could do. 

Nhl players chose not to wear jerseys. It was their choice and they all got ripped for it, called bigots and demonized. That was the result of a choice.

The NHL promoted themed events and organizations brought in speakers, guests, decorated and promoted these events. How is removing jerseys because they caused people to flip their crap a bad thing? Does zero to take away from events, frankly puts the focus back on the events versus players and jerseys.

Its not the league that needs to do something here or own up to something.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

You mean peripheral stuff like beer and food, correct? 

Are you being wilfully obtuse? Please try to apply logic to any situation.

If you really wanna know, I do not consume alcohol as a personal choice and try to avoid the overpriced food offerings at sporting events.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Are you being wilfully obtuse? Please try to apply logic to any situation.

If you really wanna know, I do not consume alcohol as a personal choice and try to avoid the overpriced food offerings at sporting events.

The logic is beer and food have absolutely zero to do with the sporting event that you have solely come to see, just as you seem to feel that special jerseys don't apply to the event.

• Cheers 1

What about year of Dragon special jerseys? 

Bring those back at least.  

Just heard the interview.  The specialty nights stay as each team's wishes. The only difference is on ice warm up jerseys.  Teams can design and sell specialty jerseys. 

So bascially no ice worn auctions.   But each player may choose to promote it or model them, off ice. 

Edited by Jaimito