The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams will not wear specialty jerseys in warmups next season

Rate this topic

I suspect this is in no small part because the NHL doesn't want to be put between a 'rock and a hard place' so to speak. 

The NHL claims they support 'hockey is for everyone' initiative - but then when players themselves 'opt-out' of these jersey nights it puts them in a difficult position. 

They can't very well claim publicly that their organization is for 'everyone' and then sit idly by while members of their own organization publicly don't support their own initiatives.  Note:  this isn't a comment on 'why' players opt-out, just that it doesn't really support the 'hockey for everyone' initiative if the players themselves (even if it's just a few) don't support everyone. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Not sure how taking away non hockey related stuff from a hockey game is a bad thing…

So you don’t have any issues with grandpas being afraid of rainbows being the reason all other jersey nights are no longer happening?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

So you don’t have any issues with grandpas being afraid of rainbows being the reason all other jersey nights are no longer happening?

16 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Not sure how taking away non hockey related stuff from a hockey game is a bad thing…

Did you read and comprehend what I posted or are you pushing and agenda?

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am guessing they’re scraping everything across the board. 

Obviously there will be a bunch of varying reasons why. I wonder if a part of the reasons were jersey sales. 

What’s funny that the speciality jerseys are gonna have more value now that they are no longer available. 

If anyone has any they haven’t worn keep it safe and check the prices down the road for people trying to sell online. It could end up being more than you paid. 

You can't predict that.  I bought a couple LGBTQ Whitecaps warm-up shirts because they looked awesome.  They were on sale for like 25 bucks on adidas.